Would you call the police on the neighbor kid....

If you had little ones who played outside a lot and this neighbor kid liked to get in his parents HUGE truck and drive it up and down the street? This kid is like 11 years old and can hardly see over the steering wheel, let alone a 2 year old. He likes to drive backward and then punch it and race at like 50 mph.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:00 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• are you seriously asking this? CALL THE COPS. OMG
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 6:02 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• If is a private street then no. If it is public then yes he is endangering not only your kids but others lives as well. If it a private street then the police can't do anything about it. I actually crashed my mom's car into our house and the judge said that is was private property against private property and the police shouldn't even have issued a ticket to her.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:03 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I agree, you even have to question calling them? I would take video and call as soon as I had it on tape.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:03 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• ah yes that is a no brainer. i would have called before posting this question then bragged about it afterwards. think of it as "safty of my kids" or let the teenager act dumb nd have fun!????call the cops
    indysownlilbit

Answer by indysownlilbit at 6:05 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Oh believe me, I already called them. Just wondering if you all would have done the same.
    Anonymous

• yes! he could kill himself or someone else- better yet, get a video of him doing it and getting out of the truck -
    please call! I shudder to think if he was the neighbor of anyone I knew!!!!
    Anonymous

• private street? what does that have to do with anything? if he's too young to legally drive then he's too young!
    Anonymous

• I guess I am just feeling a little guilty for not talking to the parents about it first.
    Anonymous

• hey poster- keep us updated, I'm interested in knowing what happens with this kid!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 6:11 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• normally I would say talk to the parents first, but this kid is really endangering people and himself- You did the right thing
    Anonymous