baby dying

Ok ever since I had my baby 4 months ago I keep having nightmares about something happeneing to her like graphic visions, even when im in the car I get random thoughts of if i got in a car accident and something happened to her, is this a sign of depression? Did anyone else have thoughts like this when they had their baby or before?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:10 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• not depression - anxiety. I went through this too. You can talk to your doc about it. It will most likely subside after a while.
    good luck and congrats!
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:20 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I did after alex was born. they seem very real images in my mind, or they did. I think it was just all my anxiety as a new mom. i could just too easily picture everything that could go horribly wrong. do you feel depressed? is this your only symptom?
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 6:16 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• On some level it is normal, however when it happens as much as you say, it is a sign of post partum depressions. Make an appt with your Dr.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:17 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• THat is a common thing exspecially if your first child. If it gets to overwhelming 4 u then I would ask your doctor about it. I have 4 children and I still get those random thought and what I would do if something ever did happen to my kids. Its a mothers mind over worring and it just gets us to be more protective of the most valuable things in our lives. Chin up. It eases up as they continue to get older but it never goes away. It is a mothers worst nightmare to have something happen to their child so thats why we cant help think what would we do if it happens. Hope this helps u and if u want to talk more just look me up and we can talk. (griffinbb4) Michele
    griffinbb4

Answer by griffinbb4 at 6:22 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I used to get up at night and search for my DD in a panic, my Dh would lead me to her bassinet which was right next to my side of the bed. It went away at about 7 or 8 months.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:25 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• totally normal.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:13 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• My grandson has a rare genetic disease and he only has about a 50% chance of surviving to be an adult. He was diagnosed a few months ago when he was around 12 months. My three sons had the same disease but we didn't know the % then because it was so rare they didn't have statistics yet. I knew they could die at any time but I felt in control of their medical care.

I have visions and concerns about my grandson all the time. I take care of him about every other day but I don't control his care. Something could happen and we couldn't live so close and I couldn't help care for him. I worry about now and all the things I know he is going to go through in the future. He could get sick and die in an hour and I could have forgot my cell phone and they could not be able to get ahold of me.

I've talked to counselors and it's not diagnosed as anxiety if you have something to be anxious about.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:15 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• awful title by the way
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:18 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Every time I have a baby I go throw that phase. I also worry a lot about something happening to my husband. If he's even 5 minutes late getting home from work I freak out. I swear that's the part of having a new baby that I hate most.
    Anonymous

• IM LIKE THAT AND EVERY TIME I HAVE A THOUGHT IT COMES TRUE ! !
    Anonymous