i am currently a proud mother of 2 children, 5 years old and 11 1/2 months. and pregnant. anyone out there have 3 children, the last 2 less than 2 years apart? how did your life change after the 3rd baby and was it tough? i also work 30-35 hours a week, i am nervous that i will not be able to deal well.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:18 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have a 5 year old, a 4 year old and a two year old. My boys were only 9 months and three weeks apart...so my oldest was only crowling when I had my second. It was hard for me in begining cause I didn't even know how to be a mom to my first really. three is hard, but your oldest will be able to help out. My five year old hold my four year olds hand when walking to the store, so i only have to dill with thier little sister. You can do it...but unless you have a really cheep baby sitter, you might not be able to work.
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 6:45 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• When my 3rd was born, my 2nd was 18 months and my oldest was 3 1/2. It's hard having two that close together, especially in the beginning but it gets MUCH easier. As soon as they get a little older, they are close enough in age to entertain each other and for me, I potty trained my 2nd and 3rd at the same time (he was 3 1/2, she was 2). I really didn't notice as big a difference going from 2 kids to 3 as I had going from 1 to 2. One more really didn't make that much difference to me.

Answer by missanc at 6:54 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• My bff had her last two kids very close like that. She works full time(she is now single) w/3 los. I really look up to her,she does it all. Her mom provides the child care and her middle baby has fragilex syndrome on top of everything. You can do it:)
    Anonymous

• My MIL had 3 boys in 3 years. She had a total of 7 children in 10 years. She says, "Just lock them in the back yard and throw out a pack of hot dogs. Hose 'em off when the sun goes down." She is still a great mom to all of them in their adulthood. She is relaxed. She makes awful jokes about parenting. She doesn't let anything slow her down.

I think it's all mental/ attitude. Every day you have the chance to get up in the morning and be an awesome mom for that day.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:37 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• My fist and second were 2 1/2 yrs apart. my 2nd and 3rd are only 17 months apart. yes, it was hard. The middle kid gotshoved out of my lap too soon. he had to grow uptoo soon, and I did cloth diapering. So everyday when my DH got home from work, there I was in a mtn diapers that had to be folded 2 different ways and 2 different sizes. they were esy to potty train tho, in fact the youngest trained before the middle. Mine were all boys.
    wooly

Answer by wooly at 8:34 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• When baby 3 was born my older two kids were 3 and 5. They are actually 16mos apart. So they are older and I see uou have one baby and another on the way! Well in my case I had a 3 1/2 age gap for baby 3 but I was still a mess because I felt like 3 was so many kids! LOL I did the two diaper thing already so that was not an issue with baby 3 because both were potty trained but life became more hectic when our baby arrived! She was a really calm baby but that combination of 3 and so many different schedules was a juggle. I had them both in preschool opposite days so I ran alot from day 1 and with the first two they were so close in age I never had to do all that! Now they are 22mos, 5 and 6! Life is beyond hectic and yea we are done but its fun in so many ways!
    Anonymous

• My last two kiddos are 19mths apart(I have 3 sons). It got harder to make dinner for a while when the youngest was an infant. He didnt like to be put down so it got a bit hairy around dinnertime when I didnt have an extra set of hands to help LOL.

It got a bit harder getting them all ready to go out(still does and my youngest is 2 now). I have to start about an hour before I leave LOL.

Got a bit more difficult to do shopping with taking 3 of them. I have to have one walk by me, one in the cart and one in the cart seat area LOL.

But you get used to it all and fall into your own routine and ways of doing it. You will be fine, promise. Just remember to breathe(cuz I know some of us forget to when it gets a bit hairy LOL).
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 9:25 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• we went from 2 to 4. so that was a huge adjustment. now we are expecting #5. any more seems like it wouldn't really make any difference! i have seen a lot of people stop at three. all my aunts said no way after having 3, but today wish they had more. sometimes i think 4 or 5 is easier than 1. when you have one you worry so much about every little thing! i don't think it matters how many kids you have, you end up taking it one day or one moment at a time!
    Congrats!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:05 AM on Feb. 5, 2010