teething tips

help me out mommys!!! She is 5 months and she won't nap anymore unless you hold her the whole time, tylenol and orajel seem to do nothing for her, she is waking up in the middle of the night. I wish I could take all of her pain for her I feel so bad my poor princess. Give me your best and most helpful tips please!!! Any new advice??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:59 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hylands homeopathic teething tablets. I have friends that swear by them. (my son is 7 months 1 week and no toothers yet).
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 7:36 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Buy a blatic amber teething necklace... they are wonderful!!!!!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 7:48 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Ask your doctor if you can give Motrin...it is much better than tylenol. Motrin isn't typically recommended until 6 mo. but your baby is so close. I used to put cutup apple in the freezer and put a few frozen chunks in a mesh feeder. My daughter loved them and it helped relieve the pain and reduce swelling.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 9:04 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• are you breastfeeding? i think that makes teething and colds so much easier for both baby and mom to cope with!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:00 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Breastfeed often (for comfort as well as nutrition)
    Co-sleep,
    Hylands teething tabs
    cold, damp washcloths.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:32 PM on Feb. 5, 2010