medicine

so I am waiting to find out in a couple days if I am preggo or not but I am also sick! I am pretty sure it's just viral but I feel like crap. Is there anything I can take? I am going to the doc next week regardless so I really don't want to go two weeks in a row. Any help please!

ErinT

Asked by ErinT at 7:01 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would ask a pharmacist what is safest to take in early pregnancy, just in case you are
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 7:02 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• If you have a virus you can take an L-Lysine supplement. Your body naturally makes Lysine. It is an amino acid that helps to fight viruses. Very safe.

CVS or Walgreens will have it. Most of the tablets are 1000mg. You can take one with each meal 3x daily while you are sick. I take 1000mg daily as a precaution since I was teaching during the beginning of my pregnancy.

Most medicines aren't tested on pregnant women. We think they are safe or have no reason to think they are dangerous. But there are very very few clinical trials done on pregnant women with medicines not specifically for pregnancy.

OJ, broth, and rest are the best. Fell better!
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:07 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• don't take anything! pregnant or not! rest and drink water or hot decaf tea! for me, this pregnancy came on with an odd cold.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:59 AM on Feb. 5, 2010