i'm getting the mirena iud on wednesday and my doc said to take advil/ibuprofen before i go...

how much should i take? I don't remember how much he said. I think he said to take like 4 advil but I don't wanna overdo it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:19 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Health

• 400-600 mgs should be fine
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:20 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I would take the normal dosage. Which is one or two tablets. I didn't take anything and the pain was minimal. It really was just a slight twinging for me. I did have some mile cramps for a couple of days, but they were barely noticeable.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:21 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I agree with the pp's, just the normal dosage.. no more than 2 tablets. When I got mine in I had just a twinge of pain while it was inserted and I was completely fine afterwards. Didn't require any meds. I was expecting way worse than it was.
    momof2il

Answer by momof2il at 8:43 PM on Feb. 4, 2010