who here gets bored with life as a SAHM?

I moved to a new place had a child young and know noone here. I am now starting to feel like i have no purpose and there is only soo much that a person can do to not be bored..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:22 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Health

• I do I do!
    Honestly, i hate being a SAHM. it was never a dream of mine. Well, sorta. I always thought i'd get married and have a baby and be a sahm for a year or two.
    But i got married to a man who already has a kid and i've been a SAHM for about 2 years with no end in close vision. I love my DSS (and my little brother who i'm now also raising) but i wish i had a life outside of my house/the park etc.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 7:24 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    as soon as i have this baby...... im making the hubby stay home, and im working
    Anonymous

• I'm a SAHM to 3 children. Bored is not an adjective I can use to describe me. I'm busy all the time and would LOVE a few minutes of "boredom"
    Anonymous

• I do and I don't. I'm not bored in the sense that I sit around all day, because I'm constantly busy and moving. However, being home all day, especially since it's winter, can get old. I've recently started MAKING myself get out of the house and do things, even if it's just me and my 4 month old son. Today we went to the grocery store and to the library. Even though he has no idea what a library is, he loved being carried around and looking at everything. Little things like that help. I've also considered joining a mom's play group.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 7:32 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• If the home is clean and your child is well taken care off. than way not read a book, do crafts, collage classes from home. Life is not a party everyday, but we can do interesting things.
    There is always a mom's group out there, look for one.
    We get bored at home or work it is normal.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 7:34 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Join a mom's group- search on facebook for one. They help A LOT. and YES get out!!! Library, store, walks, whatever.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:38 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• yea. i go to the library. and do things such as that. I guess what i meant is that i wish i had a life (at least a little life) away from my boys. But i'm working on it! i'm currently interviewing possible babysitters so that i can get involved with some things that interest me.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 7:42 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Who has time to get bored? My days are busy and my kiddos are high school seniors. When all 4 of my sons were younger life was much busier, I have NEVER been bored. I voluteer at the elementary school and the library, go out with friends, keep the housework & laundry 100% caught up, take 5 dogs for walks, etc.. Noting will change once the boys are out of the house (they leave in July and Aug. for the Army and college) other than less housework and less laundry and the fact that hubby and I will be out much more than we are now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Feb. 5, 2010