Principal going overboard?

A nine yr old boy was almost suspended because he brought a minicule 2 inch in size lego toy gun to school..
There eventually was a meeting and the principal decided the boy would not be ssupended but mom is still heated over the incident...
Good grief where is the common sense from this principal?

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 7:22 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:23 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• They do not teach common sense at school anymore.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 7:27 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• what do you really expect. the sense of entitlement these days is running like mad. no one is responsible for their own actions any longer. people feel it's their right to do what they want and say what they want no matter who or what they're trampling over to behave like that. common decency is no longer in fashion.

Anonymous

• amen to that Gammie!
    Anonymous

• Well, tnmom....Lego gun today...

http://personalmoneystore.com/moneyblog/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/3083290940_4c557319931-291x300.jpg

Lego town bank robbery tomorrow! LMAO!!!

http://laughingsquid.com/a-lego-bank-robber-busted-by-the-lego-police/

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:48 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• LMAO Lori
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:50 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Lori... rolling on floor         And Gammie you are right! They don't teach common sense cuz they have none!!! 

agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 7:57 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• there is ZERO sense in zero tolerance. a kid who TURNED HIMSELF IN for having a replica weapon (left over from weekend particpation in civil war reenactment) in his on campus vehicle was disciplined, suspended I believe, for having it.

yeah, he clearly intended a faux massacre of dozens of classmates with his fake gun, which is why he told the faculty he was in possesion of it.

it's bureaucrats who refuse to take ANY responsibility for thought who perpetrate this BS.

oh, and I'm no fan of guns, either. but this kid was clearly trying to COMPLY with the rules. once again, the public schools teach kids they might as well disobey, because they'll get screwed either way. (like the current policies on "fighting". get your ass kicked? jumped by five thugs when alone in the bathroom? you're suspended for being "involved" in a fight.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 8:22 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• auto well said oh my I agree
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:26 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• here are more tales of PS idiocy: a high school girl with "distributing controlled susbstances on her permanent record. for selling pot? giving away ecstacy? no, for sharing her midol with another high school girl

a kid suspended for having a butter knife on the floor of his car. it had fallen out of a kitchen drawer when he'd been moving. (are high schools getting their "weapons list" from the TSA, or what?

"stand back, or I'll butter you" "don't come any closer or I'll clip your nails, I know how to use these things and I will if you make me!"
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 8:27 PM on Feb. 4, 2010