WHY?!?!?!

Why is it at this age their voice turns into a whiney pain in the butt voice? Whining is sooooo annoying!

marine_wife0520

Asked by marine_wife0520 at 7:37 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Okay I am sure anon's kids never ever whine, she is obviously mother of the year.

For the rest of us horrible mother's with kids that whine yes it so annoying. I act like I can't understand what my daughter is saying whine she whines. I say "I can't understand you when you are whining, try talking normal" That usually stops her for a while, but I can't find a definite cure for whining.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 8:55 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Listen to them the first time. They usually start whining when parents ignore them. They feel they have to do something to get the parents' attention and whining was born.
    Anonymous

• wow. burn. thanks.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 8:44 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I just laugh at my son and tell him I can't understand him and he usually starts laughing and stops whining! Kids don't whine just because they aren't getting attention at that moment it's their way of getting what they want when they know you wont give it to them any other way (its their way of saying I will only stop if i get my way) Sometimes they whine because they are bored and need some sort of stimulation so any kind of distraction works wonders.

more...
    jessica408us

Answer by jessica408us at 7:06 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Sorry but their is no cure for whining just ways to suppress it for a little while! It will continue through their teenage years just less high pitched but still just as annoying! And it amazes me that some people are really mean when they post stuff on here, people ask questions for advice not to be judged (to the first person who "answered") and no one has the right answers when it comes to children because they are all different and thank god for that because if everybody was the same we would all be very boring!!!
    jessica408us

• Thanks for the last two answers! I knew I wasn't the only one with a whiney child! lol
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 9:13 AM on Feb. 5, 2010