have you ever been with BD/SO who abused you? what did you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:05 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• I divorced him

Answer by admckenzie at 8:06 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I left the state and never looked back. And I took our daughter with me!
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 8:09 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I am in the process of leaving. 14 years is NOT worth it!! Getting out with my 3 kids.
    Anonymous

• Yes and I left him when I realized he wasn't worth anymore tears.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 8:33 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• after 4 years i had enough and got out.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:34 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Took out a protective order and filed for divorce. Pressed charges.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:40 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• i dated someone who ended up being abusive. it was weird. he was never like that in the beginning, then soon he became very controlling and manupulative, then soon physically abusive. it was hard to leave him because he turned me into this vulnerable guilty mess. It was the police that pretty much broke us up after i called them and had him arrested.
    Anonymous

• ALL THE ABOVE !!!!!!!
    LOOK AT MY PROFILE..
    MAIL ME, IF YOU NEED TO.
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 9:36 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Yes. I spent 6 years with him- we werent married but have 2 little ones together. I made excuses for him ("oh, it only happens when hes drinking"). I remember one time, he stayed out all night and came home shitfaced. The next morning I got on his ass about it, and he pushed me and I fell onto my 2 year old (i was 3 months pregnant at the time). He did it in front of people once- punched me in the stomach (not preg at that time)- in a drunken rage. I was STUPID for letting it go on, but I felt like i would never find anyone else and I also wanted my children to have a daddy. I finally left after he cheated- FOR THE THIRD TIME. Now I'm in the process of filing for child support, but me and my babies are a million times happier together than with his black cloud hanging over us. Men like that prey on your weakness, and make you feel like you aint shit. When you leave, you understand and see the mind games he was playing.
    snoober_k

Answer by snoober_k at 9:56 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• My now husband got that way while we were dating (controlling, manipulative and tried to intimidate me). I made him leave and get therapy if he wanted to be with me and my 4 children (from previous marriage). He did and we got back together 3 years later. We've been married now for 2 years and things are wonderful. The biggest thing was he had to WANT to change and not do it just to get me back. That's why I didn't get back with him for 3 years.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:22 AM on Feb. 5, 2010