men's philosophy: if women can do it, so can men. so how is it that women can clean the kitchen and put things away WHILE they are cooking, but for some reason men can't?

I mean seriously?? i love my husband, i love my husband, i love my husband....ggrr

armywife43

Asked by armywife43 at 8:16 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Make that your mantra, smile and keep doing your thing, lol. Mine is the same way. I'm juggling fixing dinner plates for two kids, and myself, eat and feed the newborn all at once, trust me, men are helpless critters when it comes to multi-tasking.
    FuzzybugsMommy

Answer by FuzzybugsMommy at 8:22 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Yeah they suck at mult-tasking. They make up for it though lol.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 8:26 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Becuase guys don't know how to multi task well. and probably don't even think about it.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:33 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• They can't or choose not to. I can watch my DH put groceries away and it's almost an hour. Then afterwards, if he going to do diner, he pulls out what he needs. Mind you it's a few of the things he just put away. That so pisses me off. But he also knows that I'll tell him don't worry about it and do dinner myself.

Danni143

Answer by Danni143 at 8:47 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I think most men think "If women can do it, I don't need to do it."

I don't let mine in the kitchen. He can go mess up the garage.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:53 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• ! ! MEN ! ! CANT LIVE WITH THEM CANT LIVE WITH OUT THEM ! ! WE CAN SHOOT THEM BUT IT ANT WORTH IT ! ! L.O.L ! !
    lightbulbe

Answer by lightbulbe at 8:54 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Haha! My husband is absolutely terrible about that. He will clean up but not until after he is finished and then he piles everything in the sink without rinsing off anything that really needs it or he soaks things half assed. Like if he was baking something, he will put water in the mixing bowl, but only about 1/4 of the way up when there is batter all over the bowl. At least he tries, I suppose.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:34 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Men don't have the multi-tasking gene.
    Anonymous

• It's a multi-tasking ability I think few (none that I know) men have; don't feel bad my husband has a hard time doing more than one thing at a time too. I have had to run after children while cooking and doing dishes, however for him when he cooks he cannot do dishes at the same time or he'll mess up the recipe and he can't stand kids going in and out because he'll burn something or mess up the recipe. He's unable to do multiple things at one time, so when he cooks dinner I know I'm on kid duty and he'll be doing dishes after dinner (IMO less efficient than how I'd go about it, but hey can't complain if he's in charge of kitchen stuff for that night).
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 11:30 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• you have to multi task on that stupid modern warfare 2 game, they got 2 joyssticks, one for moving, one for turning. men can do that no problem, but when it comes to housework it's "impossible". men!
    Anonymous