has anyone else had this problem...

why do some doctors not listen to their patients? we are stuck in the county with no other doctor but the local health clinic which is the BUGGEST joke in this state!!! my mother suffers from acid reflex desease and they still want to treat her for other things. they even put her on reglan. now she has the side affects of the shit. i just wish that they could be in there patients shoes for one day and then see how it feels. there are some great doctors in the world i know. but the bad seem to be over populating. sorry had to vent.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Health

• I am sorry. I hope that they learn to listen. maybe you could request the records form the doctor that diagnoised her and that might help.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:31 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• yeah, mine let me go on being extremely sick for over a year, chalking my problems up to IBS, i asked him about maybe my BC causing me problems, but he shrugged it off. Come to find I had gallbladder disease that was making me sicker and sicker and it was caused by my birth control. I knew something more was going on and he just acted like I was overreacting. I take reglan as I need it and i hate taking it, but it is the only thing that helps me somewhat right now until i get to my new doctor on the 11th.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 9:24 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I live in a rural area and have lived in other rural areas as well and what I have found to be true is that small towns can only provide the worst of the worst!! they are useless. My daughter when she was 2 had a boiling water burn on her head from a kitchen accident. I rushed her to the Dr. the Doc said she would be fine. I knew for a fact that hot water burns are the worst.
    The town I live in now, one Dr. allowed my husbands first wife to die because he refused to bring the very machine that was required to save her life. The guy still practices!!! even after a $100,000 lawsuit!! and the other Dr always misses the diagnosis's of his patient's. A few people have gone in to see him for ailmeants and were told something and months later it was really cancer
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Feb. 5, 2010