I'm not hungry and it's not healthy

I am almost 8 weeks pregnant and my hunger is gone. I am not nauseous, not throwing up or anything, but I never feel hungry. I get up and make myself eat breakfast and after eating only two pieces of toast feel full. Lunch time will come and go and before you know it it is 3pm and I didn't eat lunch. Now, I love to eat. One of my favorites is cheese sticks from Sonic or BBQ on the grill. Has anyone else totally not had their body say, " Hey, I'm hungry." My tummy won't even growl anymore. It's the weirdest thing. What do you think is going on??

MissMeredith

Asked by MissMeredith at 8:44 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• DAM !
    Anonymous

• wow Anon 46 that was helpful. The same thing happens to me when I'm not nauseated I'm just not hungry I had to set alarms on my phone to remind myself to eat and honestly as long as you are taking your vitamins eat anything your little heart desires if not for you for your baby.
    Anonymous

• I really have not been hungry this entire pregnancy. I eat meals because I know I need too, not because I feel hungry. Just try to eat regular meals at meal times and have a couple healthy snacks every day. Who knows, it might come back before you know it!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:06 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• When I was pregnant with both of my children I had to tell my body it was time to eat. After the nausea and morning sickness left my body wouldn't tell me. The only time I'd actually truely feel my body tell me it was time to eat was when baby had a growth spert. Otherwise my body wouldn't show any signs. I just ate three times a day anyway, because I knew I had to.

I've never been one to eat very much. I grew up barely eating anything. It's just always been my habit. I wasn't trying to starve myself or lose weight, I just am not much of an eater.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:19 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I spent this last pregnancy mostly not hungry, It continued for a few months after Camden was born. Just snack when you can, The baby gets all it needs from you regardless. Your body takes care of it before you. Don't worry too much about it. Just make sure that you are drinking a lot of fluids,
    tabbykat6802

Answer by tabbykat6802 at 6:18 AM on Feb. 5, 2010