is a baby shower a girls day ? how important is it for the dad to attend

just wanted to know does the da have to be there the whole time of the shower

Rahsmommy

Asked by Rahsmommy at 9:08 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• does not have to be, but i am having mine in 2 weeks and mine will be right with me.
    Anonymous

• typically, dad's and other male family members are not there.

however, if you want him or other male family to be there or they want to be there, i don't see anything wrong with that.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:11 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• oh but for mine, we did the girly stuff first, then after. guys all came and we had a card party where your buy in to the game was a bag/box of diapers and maybe.....$10.00. The money part is all on how much the guys or whoever else is playing in your family are willing to gamble with. lol.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:14 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I've never been to one that the dad attended.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 9:17 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I think Dad should always be there. The shower is for YOUR baby, not HER baby imo. My DH LOVED being at our baby shower, and opening the gifts with me. I also had my brothers, his brother, and father there. I don't believe close family should be excluded. .

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 9:25 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• men dont have to be there at all... we rented a big space and had a X-Box in the back for all the guys...I have 5 brothers...so they sat in the back and chowed down...while we had girl time in the front...!
    rosie2guns

Answer by rosie2guns at 9:39 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I think it depends on the shower. My shower was out of town and given by family. So the men of my family were there as was my husband. My SIL's shower was the same. Her shower was given by her MIL and SIL out of town, so men were also in attendance.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:48 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• That is up to you and your partner. DH attended both of mine.
    We made it so it wasn't too girly, so he didn't want to throw himself into the lake halfway through though.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:09 PM on Feb. 4, 2010