Anyone ever have or had a kid has had really, really bad smelling burps?

My 4 year old son has had the absolute worst smelling burps today. I mean, to the point that you smell them and they make you want to throw up. They smell like rotten eggs, or raw sewage. Also, he has been having gas from the other end for the past few days, just as smelly. He complains of a stomach ache off and on, and he hasn't been eating too much. I'm going to call the doctor in the morning, but until then I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Kids' Health

• all my kids have smelly bups, i think most people do as well.
    Anonymous

• No, not just your normal average smelly burps. These smell like farts, seriously like extremely rotten.
    Anonymous

• I've had kids do the extrememly smelly , turn your stomach burps and it always seemed to be about the time they got a stomach bug. When the bug was gone so were the nasty burps.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:58 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• well that would make sense, my two other kids had a stomach bug and vomiting the other day, but neither of them had the burps or farts like this! My son hasn't thrown up yet...I really hope he doesn't start. I've done enough laundry and cleaning up vomit the past week to last me for quite some time lol!
    Anonymous

• I soooo understand. I had one get sent home from school this week when diarrhea showed up all at once and he couldn't make it..what a mess. Thankfully it only lasted about 48 hrs. He poped and his sister barfed...both suck.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:56 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• well, sure enough around 6am he threw up all over his bed, and it smelled just like his burps! Oh, it was awful!!! May be TMI, but it was his breakfast from the morning before, like nothing had been digested. No wonder he didn't want to eat anything else yesterday. And no wonder his burps were smelling so bad! Let's hope he got it out of his system now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:31 AM on Feb. 5, 2010