This is a question to all believers and non believer about one situation

I understand we all think we are right and are on the right path, when should we stop and listen to others? Is fighting others the best way to spread the message we want to spread?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• i think so
    Anonymous

• depends on why someone is fighting? i mean i come on sometimes just to hash/chew a topic. nothing more nothing less. but i also read a lot of the religion questions and ponder a few things here and there. I love to learn new things from people are not trying ot save me or shove it down my throat.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 9:22 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• No, fighting is only going to close people off from out message and turn them away from us.
    Anonymous

• I've only ever claimed to be on the right path for me, as most pagans do. What one path is good for me may not be good for my friend. To each their own I say.
    Anonymous

• good questions,i would say that i dont attack others,but if im asked a question i will answer with whats on the bible not with what i think.......i get annoyed when someone tells me something and i f disagree at all and say "thats not what is written in Gods book" i get ..."well i think God..." you can think what you wish ,whats in the bible is what God thinks so its not me saying im correct and this is the only way i say what i have read not what i think God is.Do i fight no,but im sure ive made some people mad.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 9:39 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I make up my own mind and I don't try to convert anyone else to think the way I do. I don't understand why anyone wants to go out and try to make people believe in their religion. Is it just to further convinnce themselves that they are right?
    Anonymous

• debating props others to hear the other side of the argument. If a debater is doing it for the sole purpose of seeing the otherside, and researching further, there is nothing to be gained but knowledge.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:49 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I don't think that my path is "the" right one. ...It's the right one for me. I see no reason to fight about how you (or anyone else) wants to worship. I feel it all goes to the same place. I have a friend that is VERY Christian that i debate with often. But we never fight. We learn about each others faith and about each other. And we both enjoy it.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 9:55 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Of course fighting is not the best way to share our beliefs.

I learned in a communications theory class that if someone is yelling, or speaking in a hostile way the listener starts to pay more attention to HOW they are speaking than the actual words they are saying.

We naturally tune out aggressive words.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:15 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• we should stop & listen to others whenever we want to learn & broaden our world. how can you know if something is right/wrong for you if all you know about it is other ppl's false representations of a faith? i think we should engage in healthy debate to keep our beliefs strong & to better understand how other's view our faith.

fighting,bickering, childish name-calling, unnecessary rudeness, etc. only distract from the positive messages of most faiths & make that entire belief system look foolish.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:22 PM on Feb. 4, 2010