after sex my uterus will feel swollen and bloated for a couple of days. what is this? It happens almost all the time!

anyone else get like this? what do you do? what could it be from?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Health

• After my daughter was born, I got a terrible uterine infection from all the ripping that occurred. The doctor did nothing about it for a few months and I had to demand that he check me. After antibiotics and rest, my uterine infection got better (so I thought). Unfortunately, I hurt just like you every time we had sex. After another year of this, I went to another doctor (cause the first one was horrible) and she said that I had developed Endometriosis after the birth and it was untreated.

An infection of the lining of the uterus is called 'endometritis'. This type of infection may happen for around 1 to 3% of woman after a vaginal birth, and 10 to 30% of women after a Caesarean birth. I would ask your doctor to check you for this. After 7 years of pain, I had to have an emergency hysterectomy because the endometriosis was so bad.

sonnalynn

Answer by sonnalynn at 11:32 PM on Feb. 8, 2010