Should I have a baby shower and not feel "guilty" about it?

the space between my children are over 10 years... I have nothing.. I can afford everything... Everyone is talking about giving us a baby shower... just wondering if I should go along with it.. I had it with my first not my second should I have another now??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think you should the space between them is a pretty big also its a way for your family to celebrate your new baby.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 9:45 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• If they want to give you one, I say go for it. With the money you save on gifts that others buy you, you could always use it to start out your new baby's college fund.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:45 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• If someone wants to give you one instead of accepting gifts have people donate money to a childrens organization or collect items to donate. Then you can have your shower and help others :)
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 9:45 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Having a baby shower isn't about getting the presents even though that's what alot of moms use it for. If you are uncomfortable or don't think you need gifts then do a mother blessing instead. A baby shower is supposed to be about the celebration of a new baby into a family.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 9:46 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• OP: Ny7 a mother blessing? What is that?
    Thanks for your answers
    Anonymous

• heck ya! If they are wanting to give you one go for it! Esp since the age difference is big.
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:50 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I don't see why you can't have one. If you do feel guilty, considering you can afford everything, don't make a baby registry...just take whatever they bring.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 9:52 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• yea, if people are offering, i don't see any reason why you should feel guilty. they want to do it for you and your family.
    Anonymous

• I don't think you should feel guilty about it. I think baby showers are considered okay if there is a big gap in the ages of the children, or if the baby is a different sex.
    Anonymous

• i had a shower for all my kids except the youngest.. i have four kids 11,7,3 & 7 months
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 9:59 PM on Feb. 4, 2010