Do you plan your meals for the week? Help me!

I've been trying to do this to avoid the last minute decisions for dinner, but I'm not the greatest or most creative cook. My husband's a great cook, but I've been trying to be a good little housewife and have dinner ready when he gets home from work, lol. Does anyone have any easy recipes that don't take to long? We're not picky...my husband likes everything. Any ideas for meal plans for the week? :)

StefanieN84

Asked by StefanieN84 at 9:59 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'll PM you all of the actual recipes.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:05 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• it all depends on what he likes. my meal plan is generally taco monday, meatloaf tuesday, spaghetti wed, something special thursday, and self serve on friday.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 10:03 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• check out the group - susie homemaker for one. lol

I do a monthly menu - start by assigning a meat or protein to one night a week. this is mine (but mine's changing because each kid gets a night of the week and pick something different than the assigned meat):

monday - chicken
    tuesday - pork/sausage
    wed - pasta
    thurs - beef
    fri - fish
    sat - fun night
    sun - ground beef

then build the rest of the meal around that particular meat.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:06 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• ok tonight we had pork chops, mash potatoes, corn....yummy, lstnight was mac and cheese with hamburger in it ( dh's fave ) pastrami baked in oven at 350 for 15 mins put it on a bulkie roll mmmmm... shepperds pie, tacos, chicken wings, chicken fingers and french fries, french toast, BLT, glazed honey ham, beef and brocolie stir fry, fried chicken, any questions feel free to message me..
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:06 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Sliced whole ham, hickory smoked, potatoes,onions.
    hamburger,roll,fries., salad.
    Chili dogs, pass the shreded cheese.
    BLT's c/ chips , lots of soda.
    Chicken quesadillas or wraps
    Stir fry beef or pork c/ noodles/ + a green bean (frozen)
    Egg rolls, (ez to make, just cabbage,celery, carrots, meat,) + egg wrappers. Pan fry in oil. add soy/ + oil flavor

coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 10:21 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I like to spice up spaghetti by putting mushrooms and shrimp (the frozen bags of it work great) in the sauce, and boiling green pepper strips w/ the noodles.
    I make chicken stirfry a lot, w/ red bell peppers, broccoli, and carrots and use a bottled sauce like teryaki, and put it over rice. Sometimes I sub tofu for the chicken.
    I make tacos or nachos, and make one of those bags of lipton mexican rice with it, but I add blackbeans, diced tomatoes, and corn to the rice mix.
    My DH likes chili a lot, so I make homemade chili, with salad and cornbread on the side. The Marie Calender's cornbread mix is easy - "just add water" - and it is the best cornbread I've ever had!
    I also buy ready-made pizza crusts and make our own sauce, using regular tomato sauce and adding spices and other things, and then dump lots of toppings and cheese on them. Goes great with salad, too.

Just a couple of my "easy" dinners for you...
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 10:35 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I plan our menu the day b4 I go to the market. Similar to hypermamaz where I pick a protein a night and work around it. Last week I started making it on Sunday (a day ahead) and by wed we were warming up food from the fridge. It helped sooo much cuz I hate going into the fridge and not finding anything.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 11:12 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Thank you so much everyone for your ideas! I'll definitely be using them! :)
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 12:01 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Find a simple recipe book you like and bookmark the ones you'd like to try. Then make up a menu, post it on your fridge and a grocery list of the things you'll need for those recipes. Then you'll know just what to take out for the night's dinner. I do it for 10 days worth of meals. Saves me money at the store too, only buying what I need.
    toomanypoodles

Answer by toomanypoodles at 6:11 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I would be lost at the grocery store without a list. I would be unable to make a list if I didn't plan our meal. Here are the dinners in my regular rotation. Most take less than 30 minutes. Send me a message offlist if you would like any recipes:
    No hurry curry
    sweet and sour cabbage rolls
    taco salad
    minestrone soup, salad
    General Tsao’s tofu
    stuffed peppers
    chili and cornbread
    sweet potato and black bean burritos
    Halloween black and orange quesadillas
    black bean soup, quesadillas, avocado salad
    not crab cakes, tofu fish sticks, baked sweet potato “fries”
    dairy-free nachos
    tamale bean pie
    Mexican bean and pasta bake
    white chili
    Stovetop lentil sloppy joes
    Tofu and spinach curry
    Lentil soup
    stew with dumplings
    lentil tacos
    Pot pie
    zucchini enchiladas
    Mediterranean Vegetable stew with poached eggs
    Stirfry
    homemade p

Answer by rkoloms at 4:55 PM on Feb. 5, 2010