Does Medicaid Pay for?????

Does Medicaid pay for circumcision??? I don't want a whole debate and bashing about circumcision, I have looked up alot about it and am undecided about the whole thing but I was wondering if anyone knows if Medicaid pays for it or not(just incase we decide to do it) thanks for answers.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• depends on the state
    in Fla they stopped paying for it about a month before my son was born, and no one knew that unti the claims started coming back denied...I still owe $200 for it
    lol
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:59 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Not in most states. They consider it a cosmetic procedure. Im in NC it cost 385 to get my son circumcised. The doctor I went to we had to pay all the money upfront. Some doctors might let you do payments.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:02 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• yup depends on the state
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 11:02 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I'm in Ohio and my Medicaid paid for it. I think it depends what your MCP is. I have WellCare.
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 11:03 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• The hospital I delivered at the people who do it didn't take medicaid. I didn't know until after the fact...
    Jessycwr

Answer by Jessycwr at 11:07 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• In MO it did for both my sons but this was quite a long time ago now...my younger son is nearly 16 & my older one is 20.
    Anonymous

• You can call the number on your card and ask them. That way you won't get stuck with a bill you thought you wouldn't have to pay.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 11:54 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Varies by state.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:56 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I agree call and ask. Neither of my private insurance companies paid for it.
    Cafe Jenn

Answer by Cafe Jenn at 4:54 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• AZ doesn't pay. If you have it done there could be a hospital fee and a doctor fee. It can be done in the doctor's office cheaper and different doctors charge different amounts. You can wait for your son to grow up and he can decide if he wants it done, it's the same procedure. My sons aren't running to the doctor's office to get it done. Not many men do.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:23 PM on Feb. 5, 2010