young mother's

How many of u got bash 4 having your kids so young? How did u handle it?

kadmomma

Asked by kadmomma at 11:07 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• I got bashed at my last job.
    I was laughed at and mocked b/c they said I was a baby having a baby. They said that I was too young and didnt know a lot about life. I said;

"I'm 21, with a career making great pay, I OWN my car, am MARRIED, pay my bills on time, OWN my own house, and am 15 years YOUNGER."

Always give yourself props when others put you down. You are standing in the exact same position some of them are facing that are way older than you. And you are making it work!
    Anonymous

• i have, all the time, mostly by baby boomers. Im married, *to a GORGEOUS latino btw* but i get shit 4 that too, im 18 but had my DD at 17 got preggrs at 16 am going to college n so is dh we own our car were fixing to buy anothr one, yes, we struggle, but we love each other and our DD and we take GREAT care of her and she is an active healthy tofddler. quoted by our pediatrician!!!

you just gotta remember that its their opinion and theyre intitled to it but if they just bash u for no good reason you got every rigth to tell them to mind their own damn business! I even got bashed once for breastfeeding my 2 month old!
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 11:32 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I got pregnant when I was 20 and had my son at 21. I don't think anyone has ever really bashed me about being a young mom. I did get some crappy looks when I was pregnant though from other people. Now that my son is 6 months old, anyone that would even TRY and talk crap to me about being a young mom would get ripped to shreds. I have proven to everyone that young moms can be GOOD moms. I have not left my son for more than 2 hours since he's been born, and those occasions have been few and far between. I've had maybe 3 beers and haven't stepped foot in a bar since I've been 21. I am very protective of him and take really good care of him. I also have been exclusively breastfeeding him since birth...a rarity amongst young moms. So anyone who would dare to say something to me would get to hear all my reasons why I'm a great mom. Hopefully that would shut them up but luckily no one has said anything.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:41 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I had my first son at age 23 (he is now 5). I got a lot of older parents letting me know how I should do things. The worst thing that I get is when people see me with my oldest son. My oldest is technically my step-son and he is 11. I have people inform me that I was a whore since I got pregnant when I was a teenager. I have learned to just ignore the comments.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 12:19 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Nope. People in my area congratulate me on it.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:55 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Wow to me young mothers are like 16 not 21 and 23. That is stupid!
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 9:21 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Perhaps you were bashed because your grammar and spelling are atrocious.
    Anonymous

• I had my first in high school ... lets just say every rumor that could be said was said. I'm the type of person who really doesn't care what people have to say about me though. And guess what no one is perfect. I now have 2 kids at 22 years old. People sometimes give me weird looks, but really doesn't bother me. Everyone has their own opinions and thats fine.
    Mom_of_2_boyz87

Answer by Mom_of_2_boyz87 at 8:45 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• me and my husband have been bashed by doctors ppl friends about everyone.
    I turn17 this year ive been married for a year.
    we havent got pregnant yet=( but bash all u want.
    if only u knew how i lived.
    Wytegirl

Answer by Wytegirl at 4:37 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• You ladies are taking care of your child or children, doing what you are suppose to so just ignore those who bash. Keep up the good work moms.
    crissysworld

Answer by crissysworld at 8:56 AM on Feb. 9, 2010