It has been six months sence i gave birth and i still feel fat and ruined with stretchmarks, will this feeling or my stretchmarks ever fade ?

nessarose11

Asked by nessarose11 at 1:06 AM on Jun. 26, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• They say it takes 9 months to "ruin" your body, so you should give yourself at least that much time to get it back. The flab and stuff might take longer to get rid of b/c as a new mom, you just don't have time to work out! Just watch what you eat & take care of your body. As for the stretch marks, the color of them will most likely fade as long as you're keeping your skin moisturized. If they're really REALLY bad, you can try a scar reducing cream on them.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 1:13 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• The feeling will fade (hopefully) it is all a matter of attitude. It is hard being a new mom, hard getting into exercising, getting time to sleep and just be! Give yourself a full year to recover, then start worrying about getting back to pre-baby shape. My stretchmarks from my first daughter 5 years ago are pretty much completely faded to my skin tone, though they are still there. My new ones are a year old and have lightened but are still there. There are creams you can use, but they need to be applied early, so its probably too late for something like that. keep them out of the sun, because sun exposure will worsen them. Otherwise just try to keep a good attitude!! Confident happy women of any size are more attractive than thin, self-conscious bitchy women any day : ) HUGS
    sapient

Answer by sapient at 1:23 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• I felt the same way andf honestly the weight didn't go down untill about 9 or 10 months after I had my baby. My stretch marks faded pretty quickly but for everyone this is different
    mzprincessreina

Answer by mzprincessreina at 2:49 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• it takes a while but they will fade! mine took almost a year..they will look like faded scars but barley noticable
    kaylajean86

Answer by kaylajean86 at 3:12 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Pregnancy and Child birth...leaves its marks on our bodies. I feeling very much like this. Yes, your body will change. It does recover. There is a reason that ob/gyn's recommend waiting for 1 year in between pregnancies...it takes that long for our bodies to return to "normal". Just take care of yourself and let nature take its course.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 8:35 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Hi,

I used to have pretty bad stretch marks and red scars around my belly region ever since I gave birth to my three kids.I had tried Vitamin E oil and cocoa butter which a number of people had recommended but unfortunately it didn't seem to work too well. My Doctor had even suggested that I go for a Tummy Tuck. I then recently read an article about a lady who supposedly got rid of her stretch marks using a particular cream. I tried it and it worked really well. It took a number of weeks but my stretch marks soon faded away. You can read the lady's article at the link below.

http://stretchmarkszapped.wordpress.com
    jennifer8055

Answer by jennifer8055 at 5:42 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Personally you need to be proactive..get up excerise, watch what you are eating (it only gets worse when you are around toddlers they like to give you bites of what they are eating) and get comfortable with your 'new' body..for the most part stretch marks fade but they usually don't go completely away...so wear your battle scars proudly and embrace this part of being a mommy too!
    OICU812

Answer by OICU812 at 6:51 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I know how you feel. I have felt the same way. But yes you will start to feel much better soon. With my 1stdaughter she was 8 months old before I started feeling good about myself again. and YES the stretchmarks will fade! lol. A good cream will help them fade faster though. I use ANEW professional stretchmark smoother by Avon. It is great! 75% of women see results in 2 weeks. Give it a try go to www.youravon.com/amullins3835
    AvonbyAmandaNC

Answer by AvonbyAmandaNC at 12:35 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• go to theshapeofamother.com
    Its a great website!
    mommy05300706

Answer by mommy05300706 at 3:16 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Girl, no. I just started to love my stretch marks, three kids later. And my oldest is 17 years old. But love your body for what it is. It is a privilege and an honor to have children.
    notlott37

Answer by notlott37 at 7:03 PM on Jun. 27, 2008