what's everybody reading these days? How do you get your book recommendations? NyTimes review, friends, reading the jacket at the bookstore?

looking forward to some me time and I have no clue on what to read.

luvschocolate

Asked by luvschocolate at 11:14 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Entertainment

• no me time when it comes to reading. I've been reading a lot of dr. suess...my son likes the rhymes.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:17 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Percy Jackson and the Olympians is good. i got into it when i found out The Lightning Thief is becoming a movie.
    Anonymous

• I am a librarian so I find out about books through work, of course, but in the past I have used Amazon. If you type in a book it will give you a recommended titles list. I've found some great books through that. Also, many public libraries have special databases for finding books, "What do I read next" and 'Novelist' are two. I also search for National Book Award Winners, Pulitzer Prize Winners, Booker Prize Winners, Oprah book club, etc. The Book Spot is a good site as well. My favorite author is Paul Auster. At the moment I am reading his latest book.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 11:22 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I just finished the latest Robin Hobb book -fantasy fiction.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 11:31 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• i dont read reviews or recomendations. i just browse til i find something i want
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 11:32 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I've been reading a lot of teen lit lately. I have 2 tweens with advanced reading levels, like 12th grade-college, so I try to read everything first. I just don't need my 10 yr old reading heavy sex scenes.

I really enjoyed the Percy Jackson and the Olympian series. Another good series was the Eragon books; and Lord of the Rings.

I have also been looking at my bookshelf and trying to reread things that I enjoyed 15-20 years ago. Right now I am reading Dune.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:32 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I haven't read the Percy Jackson books yet, my 11 read them all last summer though and is very excited about the movie. Right now I'm reading "The Hour I First Believed" by Wally Lamb. I usually just browse around the library or will check out something my sisters have recommended.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:12 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I belong to some books groups on here and you can get recommendations there I usually stick to my group of fav authors sometimes I'll read the back of the book and if it sounds good I'll read it
    mom2ryneandsam

Answer by mom2ryneandsam at 12:36 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I am reading Push by Sapphire, a book called Islam, another called Hinduism, World Religion something or other, Dicho y Hecho, and Statistics....lol
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:14 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I read a lot of self help books or informational books. I just can't get enough info. I find them by looking up books for subjects that i'm interested in online and then checking the local library or craigslist.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:43 AM on Feb. 5, 2010