Does starving cause you to go into labor?

I'm not able to eat anything at the moment and I was wondering when I go hungry like this will that make labor start. I don't want to go into labor I'm just wondering. I'm 32 weeks and I'm hungry right now but can't eat...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Starving yourself can make you go into labor because your body does what it can to protect your baby. If your body feels the best thing for the baby is for him to be born than it will put you into labor.

Also dehydration can cause contractions of the uterus. Make sure your eating every 3-4 hours during the day even if it's just something small like a piece of string cheese and an apple.

Take care of yourself mama for both YOU and YOUR BABY's sake!
    jblack34

Answer by jblack34 at 12:24 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• honey make yourself eat something if you know you need to. when i was like this i would make plain white rice with som salt and pepper. just toget a few carbs in me
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 11:36 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Why can't you eat? Do you not have food? Or are you sick to your stomach?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:39 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Sick to my stomach and no food but now I finally got something to eat so I'm eating right now and I feel a little better but I'm cramping and I feel nauseated.
    Anonymous

• Whatever you can get down~ try to.

I do think that starving could cause you to labor, yes. If your body feels like baby is better on the outside it will start "yelling" (laboring) at you to do something or else.

Have you tried remedies or talked with your doctor/midwife?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:00 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Even if you can't eat, you need fluids. Dehydration will cause contractions. If you can't keep fluids down for an extended period of time, get some IV fluids at the ER or doctor.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 1:36 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Not usually. Getting dehydrated will start contractions. Like someone said above stay hydrated.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• if yr not eating then just think what yr doing to yr unborn child, wake up girl and eat
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:06 AM on Feb. 5, 2010