When you are asked to pray do you say a quick prayer or do you keep them in your prayers and continue to offer prayers?

even if the post is anon?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I do all 3. I say a quick prayer that very moment. Then when I have peace and quiet I say a longer more detailed prayer for everyone that I can think of, and I continue to check in to see how everything is going and to offer more prayers, someone to talk to, or whatever that person may need. ;)
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 12:01 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• i used to keep a running prayer list
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 12:20 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I pray immediately, and I keep a list.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 5:04 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I pray right away, then I pray for them several times during the day.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:19 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• just what the other ladies said..and if the prayer request is anon to us, it isn't to God. :))
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:51 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I agree, I do a quick prayer, and I will also keep praying for people. Though I have to admit, there are some prayer requests that weigh more heavily on my heart and I find myself praying more for them than I do other prayer requests.

But, just as one of the pp's said, whether or not I know the name of the person, God does! Besides, even if, say, I were to post a prayer request here and didn't post anon, all you (or anyone else here) would know is that Sailorwifenmom has a need for prayer - you don't know who I REALLY am, what my real name is - but yet, God does. Same with the anon prayer requests :-)

I just say "the person on cafemom who asked for prayers about __" Or, my friend from church whose sister back home is having trouble... or whatever the request is.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:40 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• The latter but not definitely, personally speaking.
    JoojooJW

Answer by JoojooJW at 9:56 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I say a quick prayer right then and then add them to my prayer list and continue praying for them.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 10:30 AM on Feb. 5, 2010