Proactive did not work. Any ideas?

Any recommendations to try? Proactive just made my skin super dry.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• get yourself on some probiotics, cut suagar too. And read The Body Ecology Book.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Try a dermatologist. Also, eye cream works really well for dry skin. I had a really dry patch of skin from putting too much clearasil on one spot and the eyecream really worked to get the dryness to go away.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 12:02 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• My 18 yr old daughter had been dealing with problem skin for years!! Nothing worked and if it did work it did last.
    She is in college now and when I went to visit her skin was clear!! I didn't really get around to asking about it until she started to rub white toothpaste on her face, like a mask......She said her room mate told her about applying tooth paste ( has to be white paste) and letting it dry, rinse.
    she does this every night and she looks wonderful!!
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:24 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• to tell you the truth. i am 19 and i suffered acne badly. and i tried proactiv along with many millon americans lol.. some it works for some it doesnt. but proactiv dried my skin out badly. and i even went to a dermatologist all they gave me was some pills and some cream and i suppose to use it and it makes ur skin worse b4 it gets better. but seriously have u ever heard of velocity? its a product i started using about 6 months ago.. its a marykay product. im not a big marykay or avon fan but i met a lady and i used velocity for about 2-3 weeks and SEEN a huge diff. bc i have combination skin i have oily and it can get dry quickly too. um but tis a 3 in1 cleanser (cleanser-toner-exfoliater) and then you get the moisurizer to go with. the key of beautiful skin is hydration. it gives you a glow. and if your skin is anything like mine. you will love this. let me know if ur interesed
    Armywifelovely

Answer by Armywifelovely at 12:25 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• ***it didn't last** sorry...
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:25 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• White toothpaste does work as the pp stated. If you still have dry skin, use Cetaphil cream. It's good for sensitive acne prone skin.
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 1:37 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• This is the simplest thing that I used for years- wash your face with baby shampoo. (I found my own moisturizer to use that helped keep back the oil and acne.) But the baby shampoo was the gentlest and most effective cleanser I have ever tried!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:42 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• try a clean diet. really cut back on processed foods, and high sugar foods. you may want to consider cutting dairy for a month, and see if that helps...and then try cutting gluten. you may also need more good fats from nuts, avocados, and fish.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:12 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• doctorI would spend the money to visit a dermatologist. Even one visit would give you a lot of information about what would work for you.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:02 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Here is how my teen handles her acne: wash your face twice a day with a very mild soap (like unscented baby soap) and a soft wash cloth; follow with a light, oil free moisturizer (she uses Lush). Once a day, before you wash your face, put on a honey mask (just honey, a great anti-bacterial). Every three days add a pinch of baking soda to the honey to exfoliate. Take a good (refrigerated) probiotic and hemp oil (or another omega 3,6,9). Check back with me in two weeks and tell me how this worked.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:43 PM on Feb. 5, 2010