What's your bath and post-bath baby routine?

I like to bathe my LO, let him splash for a min, snatch him up and diaper him. I looooove putting lotion on him..it's one of the few times I get to rub him head to toe. He has always had this patch of dry skin on the top of his head. It isn't cradle cap, he just has really sensitive skin...but I was curious....I put lotion on his head so the dry spot gets moisture....who else here lotions their LOs head? lol I got to thinking about this and thought...wow am I weird? lol Share your routine with your special little person!

FoxyRoxyMommy

Asked by FoxyRoxyMommy at 12:20 AM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I never lotioned my youngest little guys head cuase he was born with a FULL head of hair. so lotion was a no go! LOL

i used to set up alex's bath in the dining room on the table and let him splaish and coo, wash him and rinse, dry and lotion, diaper. then sing him a song or cuddle for a long time. i loved fresh from bath baby smell
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 12:37 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• My daughter loves getting baths. I put water in the baby bath and then put it on the bathroom counter. Wash her and let her splash a little and then take her out. I'll take her into her room and then dry her off. Sometimes I'll put her diaper on right away sometimes I wait until after I am finished putting lotion on. I'll put lotion on, but not on her head. She also has a full head of hair. Then I'll put her jammies on. I'll nurse her and then read a story on the rocking chair and then put her to bed in her crib in our bedroom.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:58 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• one of my sons first words was Bath lol... my 3 year old daughter usually doesnt like to because she doesnt like to get her hair washed...but my 1 year old son still loves it....we usually bath right after dinner...and he knows when I ask him Are you done eating?..he goes Bath! Bath ! lol..its cute..I let him out of the high chair and he runs right for the bathroom....

both of mine were born with very little hair so I always put lotion on their heads and everywhere else..my daughter has alot of hair now so I just use conditioner on hers..my son has some hair and I still put lotion in it...but when it gets longer I will do the same as hers
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 1:09 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• when dd was little i put a big blanket on the floor and then i got this bucket, it was hot pink, but it looked like the old timey tubs..anyways, she would play and splash around, then we would apply lotion, get a bottle and go to bed. now, she plays in the tub, and she gets out, she brushes her teeth (well i do first lol), and she takes a sip of water, we put lotion on her hands and feet and any dry spots, and then she hops in bed.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 1:11 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• i love hearing all the bath routines! my LO is pretty bald lol otherwise id skip his lotion on his head. he splashes so much i cant put him in his baby tub anymore. one of us has to take a big bath with him. i learned this after he flooded my kitchen floor during bathtime. couldnt chance ruining the hardwoods! he hates getting lotioned...HATES it, but my skin itches when dry and i dont want the same for him. i just love bath time and holding him afterward. smelling all good and baby-like..even though i know he is fast approaching the stage of not being a baby.
    FoxyRoxyMommy

Answer by FoxyRoxyMommy at 1:57 PM on Feb. 5, 2010