If someone was molested do you consider that rape?

There seems to be so many different terms to describe the same thing, but do they really. My step father molested me when I was 13. I said no and yet he did it anyway convincing me that I had to if I loved him. Do you consider this rape or just molestation or do you consider the two the same thing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• molesting is... touching and fondleing

Rape is... forced intercourse
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• rape = sex or rather penatration....i wouldn't consider oral sex rape.

molestation = not sex.

at least that is how i look at it. i may be wrong though on the legal definitions.

i was molested as a child. i hope that you have gotten some support. did you ever tell anyone? was anything ever done to your step father? i hope that you can get some sort of help with this. i have found that it is a LIFE LONG thing....i mean....it always comes back it seems.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 12:29 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I was molested as a child, no penetration. I am so sorry honey
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 12:30 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• i call the whole thing a "violation"
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 1:41 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• BOTH !!!!!!!!

BOTH !!!!!!!!
    ABSOULELYT BOTH !!!!!!!!!!!
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 3:36 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Thank you ladies, the clarification of definitions really helps. So it was rape. I struggle with the fact that despite I said No many times, it didn't seem to matter. There was always a reason that I should do it, so given what you all have said, I am begining to believe that I am justified in calling it rape! Thank you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:10 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I was sexually molested and raped as a child. Charges were pressed, and, because I wanted to know and understand what the legal terms meant, it was explained to me. This is how it's defined legally (at least in Ohio, where the crimes were committed, and at the time they were committed, though I don't think the definitions have changed much).

When you're talking about a child, all rape is sexual molestation. However, not all sexual molestation is rape. Any penetration, whether oral, vaginal, or anal, is rape. It doesn't have to be penetration with a penis, a foreign object can be used and considered to be raped.

The emotional scars, especially when the crime has been committed by someone that you loved and trusted and was in a position to care and shelter you, can be just as bad regardless of whether it's "technically" rape or not, and is just as wrong.

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:39 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• sailorwifenmom has it correct.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:56 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Honey, I so feel your pain...I was orally raped when I was four...then again when I was 20. It is a very difficult thing to get over...

But your own father??? Can I kill him for you? That makes me sick for you. :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• It's all legally considered LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS BATTERY on a child

Answer by admckenzie at 10:00 AM on Feb. 5, 2010