How do you deal with the nagging feeling of wanting another baby when it's just not the right time?

Right now it just doesn't make sense to have another baby. We have a 3 year old, a 7 month old and I'm in school. I would either have to take a semester off again (already took one off to have the baby) or go back to school when he or she was very small. Plus I desperately need to lose weight before becoming pregnant again.

My family would have a FIT. For some reason they are under the impression that they should have control over my uterus despite the fact that we provide for our children without the help of the government or anyone else for that matter.

I just have this overwhelming desire to be pregnant again. I long to be preparing for another baby, preparing a birth, going through labor, and holding that little blessing in my arms. It doesn't help that my DH wants me to be pregnant ASAP.

Anyone else ever feel this way? How do you deal with it when it's just not the right time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• you keep yourself busy and you keep yourself on top of your BC, no screw ups!!LOL you have all the reason you need to wait. its just your clock ticking
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 1:23 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Finish school first then you can have another baby.
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 1:28 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I plan on finishing school. I just want another baby so bad I could cry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Ok what is going to make you the happiest in the long run, finishing school, or having a baby? If it truly means the world to the both of you, then go ahead and have a baby, if it means the world to you to finish school and lose weight then do that first. Do what is going to make you the happiest and screw what everybody else thinks this is your life and your family do what is best for YOU.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:19 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Your 7 month old deserves some time with you, while you go to school and care for your other child. Think about that. Give it a little time and then have another.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:03 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Don't rush things. You should really wait and get to know the children you already have. It's sooo normal to have that maternal feeling and right away too. Yes,I had that but I am glad that I did not press it. As my kids have gotten older,I realize that they have needs that will require more than I had expected when they were just ver los. Get to know them(will they need extra help in school,socially,medically?) Most likely not but you never know,besides like the poster above stated Your baby deserves some one to one mommy time! GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Feb. 5, 2010