when breast feeding when do u get your period again?

i goin to stop breastfeeding and would like 2 know when will i get my period again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Feb. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• it varies with my first it took a few months after i quit. my second it took 2 years and my third was just over 2 years from the time they were born. I was still breastfeeding my last two when i finally got my period again.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:53 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• It really varies. No set answer on that. Be aware that you can also go baby to baby without...if there's any possibility you might be pregnant.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:56 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• it's different for everyone. my period resumed immediately after the birth of my first child. with my second it was much different. i had one period as scheduled, then i didn't have another for about 6 months. it was irregular after that for about a year and a half. i got it 6 months after that, then 3 months, then eventually returned to normal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• It depends. I EBF and had my period back in 5-6 weeks both times. It just sucked!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:53 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Ditto But Mommie -- period while exclusively breastfeeding at 6 weeks pp. But I had friends whose periods didn't come back for a few months after they stopped.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:57 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• It depends. I was mostly BFing in the beginning (supplementing only because he was in the NICU for a week) & I started my period 4wks postpartum on the dot. A friend of mine BF her daughter for 26months & it's been 7months since she stopped & she still hasn't started hers. Another friend of mine BF her son exclussively for 8months but started her period 10wks postpartum. My mom didn't BF for more than a week or so but didn't start for over a year. You just never know.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 9:17 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I stopped breastfeeding 2 months ago and am still waiting for mine to come back... and no, I'm not pregnant.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 9:32 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I EBF and with my DD I got it back at 4mo PP and with my DS I got it back at 6mo PP.
    KandiceN

Answer by KandiceN at 9:41 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• im still breastfeeding my 2 yr old son and i got mine when he was 6 months old. it was the same for my other to as well. it depends on your body and how much you breast feed. you can still be bf like me and get your period or you can stop and not get it for awhile after. it depends on your hormones.
    matessa

Answer by matessa at 9:56 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• My baby was six months on the dot, it was like I have him his first bite of cereal and then my body just said "OKAY the jig is up, back to work!".
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 10:02 AM on Feb. 5, 2010