what kind of stroller should i buy for a new born?

lilae86

Asked by lilae86 at 1:54 AM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• depends on what you want in a stroller. most folks seem to like the ones that the carseat snaps in to the stroller?
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 1:58 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• i just got a nice travel system from babies r us for my upcoming baby boy. it's the bertini b5 valencia (i think). it's a really nice, gender neutral travel system. the thing i loved most about it was that the infant car seat's weight capacity is 4-35lbs, so you can use it for well over a year. it has a beautiful pattern. the picture on the website doesn't do it justice, you have to see it in person to appreciate it. lol. it's on sale for $200 at babies r us right now and it's gotten great reviews.  but see for yourself, i'm a tad biased since this is the stroller system i chose. 

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3572972 

i'm

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• oops! i'm anon:05. i also wanted to add that i like this stroller system because it's material would be easy to wipe baby vomit off of. it's not cotton-ish so it won't absorb the inevitable messes that baby will leave in it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I just carried the baby. I find travel systems bulky and awkward. I invested in a jogging stroller though which I haven't used since it is winter and she'll likely be six months old before I do.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:43 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• We got a travel system as a gift, Graco. Worked fabulous for the first few months, then my girls out grew it. The girls were huge when they came out and were at the top of growth for the first few years. Also they were really bulky and keep running into things when shopping. So I was glad I hadn't purchased one. I think I would have preferred those wraps for babies now. Then I could have breastfeed hands free. My mom ended up making one of those cart protector things, she made loops on it for me to add toys and such. It was a life saver, the kids were happy while I got stuff done. I just had to take the toys off and throw it in the washer to clean it.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:55 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I love my Graco Travel System. The carseat just snaps into the stroller for easy car-to-stroller & stroller-to-car transitions, and it also snaps into the car base & grocery carts. Plus, it has the bottom seat in the stroller for when your little one grows out of the carseat. There are also cup holders & a nice sized storage compartment on it. Plus, the price is great for getting both (& they come in so many awesome designs).
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 9:20 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I have the eddie bauer travel system.. i absolutely love it.. nd he loves it so much he sleeps in it even when we are home.. nd when you detach the carseat it is adjustable for infants to lay in the actual stroller or prop them up.. its great!! I have no complaints nd eddie bauer has adorable patterns
    BraysonSMommie

Answer by BraysonSMommie at 9:56 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I have the Chicco Cortina Travel system. I decided on it based on recommedations. My sister has the same one and loves it. I would highly recommend it. It clips in to the base and stroller so easily. It is is one of the more costly options though, but well worth it.

http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=chicco%20travel%20system&origkw=chicco%20travel%20system&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2255957&sr=1

moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 2:22 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I would stick with a sling or other baby carrier.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:26 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I can't remember what I had but I can tell you that like others said, they are big and bulky. I have to laugh because my sister has one for her daughter and she's got a small car and once you put that in the trunk you can't fit much else in there.

I had a baby carrier for my second and really liked it. I'd recommend looking into getting one of those.
    Cafe Jenn

Answer by Cafe Jenn at 4:37 PM on Feb. 5, 2010