Has anyone bought a Kirby Vacuum? Do you like it?

Thinking about buying one.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I would never buy one. I used to work for them. Over priced. I have a Dyson. Best vacuum I ever owned.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Try Oreck I heard they're good, I lvoed my sister and I have a dyson ball
    Jeda624

Answer by Jeda624 at 2:00 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Yes, I do have a Kirby that I bought a few years ago. I paid around $1400 for it and I LOVE it :)
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:05 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• My daughter sells Kirby's...........personally I think they are tooooo heavy, toooo complicated to use. The dyson works just as well as a kirby and is less expensive.
    MSugarKane

Answer by MSugarKane at 7:03 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I love mine! my mom has one too. She prefers it over a dyson. Also you can talk the reps down...I got mine for 750 brand new. So did a friend of mine and she was in a different state.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 7:37 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I too worked for them, but that was a few years ago. Some who own them love them, but my Gram couldn't handle hers, it was too heavy. I would buy another vacuum if I could.
    huntannakay

Answer by huntannakay at 8:20 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I have a very old Kirby (my late fil gave it to us) and the few times I used it on the big livingroom rug we had it worked ok (I have wood/linoleum floors, no carpet). I worked at an office that had a Kirby, it was nice although a bit heavy.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:25 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• We have one, got it for 300 my only complaint is now that I live in a 2 story home, it is to dam heavy. Works really well thought.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:45 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• We bought one about 5 years ago. We love it. The only thing is, it is heavy, so makes it hard to do stairs.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:03 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I have one. I love it. I use it on my tile floors. It has an attachment for just about everything. When we still had carpet, I used the shampooer often and still do for my rugs and the couch. We also use it to unclog the kitcen sinks. Works 1,000x better than those liquids or gels they sell. Be sure to talk them down on the price and don't buy into their "I just need to sell one more" or whatever gimmic they have going at the time. It is a little heavy, but the newer ones have neutral and drive options that make it really easy to use.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Feb. 5, 2010