how to get rid of trapped gas causing horrible pain?

I've had trapped gas in my hip area for a few days.. Every once in a while I will feel it move and it hurts so bad... Ive been releasing gas like crazy and taking every over the counter gas medicine possible... Gas-X, Beano, etc!. Ive tried stretching and walking... Still no help...The pain has gone down significantly but is still there.. How do I get it all out?

I've even used a supository! I dont know what to do anymore. How do I get rid of it? Ive never had this before but I also just had a baby so I figured maybe stress or not being able to work out regularly anymore is causing this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Health

• i wish i knew hon, for me after surgery and i had trapped gas i just had ot deal with it til it was gone by staying in motion
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:40 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• What did u eat??????? Did you just finished having sex????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:49 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Try Pepto Bismol. I hate the feeling of trapped gas it hurts lke crazy:/ I usually take gas-x or pepto and that kinda works. Did you have your baby by c-section? That can be it too, when they opened you up a bunch of air went in, it happened to me too:(
    kimaam

Answer by kimaam at 2:52 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Whenever that has happened to me, I lay on my left side for a while and "the big one" will come out. Hope you feel better...It could be ovulation pain too.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 3:58 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• lift up one leg, you may have to spread the buttocks manually, then let 'er rip! HTH
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• This happened to m too after having a c-section. Try standing up and bend over and touch your toes then stand up straight again. do this several times. Also when you feel these pains try sitting on the toilet and spread your cheeks apart. Other than that, you pretty much just have to wait it out. it will pass.
    ashleymb

Answer by ashleymb at 12:11 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Take a GasX (sold OTC) It will help in a matter of minutes. I've had this several times and it has helped every single time.
    suzi_cuti

Answer by suzi_cuti at 10:33 PM on Feb. 5, 2010