Is it free to press charges on your neighbor?

If she was driving really fast behind you trying to crash into your bumper and swirving side to side and honking at you even though you have a baby on board and she was just doing that to be a biotch can we press charges? We got her license plate and everything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:37 AM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• you should have called the police as soon as it happened, or as soon as your were safe. now you cant likely do anyting. they might take a report. but that is about it
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:39 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I agree I would have called right away, if this is an ongoing issue keep a record of it dates, times, and details.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:41 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• It's not too late, call the police! You have all the info - the police will take a report AND let you press charges. GL and I'm glad you are safe.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:41 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• oh to answer your question lol it doesnt cost anything to press charges except possibly harrasment from your neighbor.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:42 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• anon 41 most police are not gonna have her press charges this long after the occurrence.

ditto sorry OP it costs nothing, but if they are your neighbor yeah, you might escalate things
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:43 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• how can I call right away if I was driving to my sons speech therapy class when it happened?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:46 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• call they you got to your sons speech therapy? its almost 2 am here where i am . what time is it there with you?
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:48 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• That happened earlier today like in the afternoon but by the time I got out of the therapy of my son's class it was already after 5 and they close the police station at 5. its late right now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• you have no police after 5pm? huh
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 3:00 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• There isnt a non emergency number you call that puts you into the switchboard? I live in a small town and after 5 all non emergency calls get routed to a seperate line and you get a live person who tells you that the officers will be there in however many minutes or they are on a call and will be awhile or you can come in tomorrow. it just depends on the situation.

The town over from us only has 1 officer at the moment and even they have a non emergency number, that is scary to not have service after 5 I would add that to my list of things to be concerned about.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:17 AM on Feb. 5, 2010