how do u moms do it to be on cafemom so long and not get sick?

I was so healthy before and now that i'm on the computer like 8 hrs per day doing surveys to get extra cash and having a little bit of fun on social websites like facebook, myspace and cafemom and now i'm getting diabetes, and high cholesterol now I have my blood sugar under control but now my cholesterol, what do you suggest? I want to get back on my treadmil but with this cold weather I dont want to take baths everyday only 4 days out of the week thats why i get discouraged to get on treadmil cause then i'll sweat and have to take a bath, but i've been eating less and still I dont feel healthey, whats the most I should be on my computer? Do you think thats whats making me sick?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:03 AM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Health

• seems like you are not in motion enough. I might spend a day or two too long on the computer. specially at night if I have insomnia. but all in all I am in motion most of the tmie. and i work out for a half hour a day 5 days a week. it just sounds to me like you need more balance
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 3:07 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I am on the computer for a few hours late at night, i spend 2 hours a day working out and the rest of the day driving kids here and there, cleaning running errands etc etc etc. I think 8 hours a day is ALOT even when i worked full time i had to make sure i took breaks for my eyes, the computer actually caused my migranes and fuzzy eyesight at work (which is why i now wear spiffy glass on the computer)

You need to make you a priority, make sure you are eating right, getting excercise and getting out of the house. In the winter when you lock yourself indoors you can become depressed and that leads to other health issues. dont eat less eat better 3 meals and 3-4 healthy snacks, those snacks help keep your metabolism up. I dont know what less showers has to do with winter that part im unclear on, i love nice hot showers in the cold months to warm me up and relax me.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:10 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• well..my suggestion would be to GET OFF THE COMPUTER. I mean, if you are sitting there so long to cause all these health problems, then you need to get up and do something. Are you honestly going to sit here and say you dont want to exercise because you dont want to get a bath? Thats pure laziness. Not everyone on cafemom is that obsessed with the computer. Find some extra curricular activites. And for Pete's sake..dont spend 8 hours or more a day on the computer!
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 3:10 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• 3 ring circus lol I meant 4 showers in the winter cause my house gets very cold and we only have two little heaters that dont warm up the whole house and our warm water finishes in 5 minutes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:12 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• mrsjosey I dont take a bath everyday as in rinsing my hair everyday because I also get alot of itchy dry scalp and head and shoulders doesnt work, so I wash my body almost everyday but my hair only 4 times per week, one of the main things is cause i get really itchy if I bathe everday but not cause i'm being lazy. I'm not sure if its actually 8 hrs on the computer I just took a guess lol, but since it feels like a longtime thats why I said 8.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:15 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• i dont wash my hair everyday either. if you think thats what is hold you back, then exercise on the days you wash your hair. that would be 4 times a week, and much better than what you are doing now. personally, i workout nightly for at least an hour. if i get soo sweaty, then i will wash my hair, but usually its fine until the next day.
    also, just food for thought- its better for you rhair to wash in cold water. so if you wash your body with warm water, then you can wash your hair in the cooler water when you run out of the warm water.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 3:21 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

OHHHHHH been there lol, That is when i did it the old fashioned way and boiled water on the stove and took a bath during the warmest part of the day, So very glad we dont live in that old house anymore, it was cute and charming but darn was it cold and drafty!

You dont happen to belong to a gym do you? or maybe have the ability to join one? I take a shower there 5 days a week because i work out in the middle of the day and normally i am on the go as soon as i finish at the gym, makes it nice i use their hot water and their towels lol saves me money and laundry :)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:23 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I think we are more likely to be hibernated this time of year. I am taking short bursts of excercise just like that anon. said, he can't due tothe sweating, and using heaters so i do this less too. It's nice to be honest with your body, and do less sometimes. I use more lotions, and some are really good for keeping in moisture (loss). I am not on here all day, but it sure keeps the ideas flowing, recipes, trends, work, books, and other things to match wits with others on now and then
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:26 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Do you seriously do surveys? IF so do they honestly pay you??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:30 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Is this question a joke?
    It is right?
    That's why it's anonymous?
    If you're on this site, you're obviously a mom... so you're neglecting your children by being on the computer 24-7?
    Take a shower and go outside and get some fresh air and sunshine.
    Malibustacy

Answer by Malibustacy at 4:02 AM on Feb. 5, 2010