Why is sex not as great even 18 months post vaginal delivery?

*This may be TMI just a warning*
I had my daughter tramatically but vaginally 18 months ago. I did not have an episiotomy (sp?) but I did have a stitch as a just in case (didn't really tear but def a stretch).

ANYWAY! I also have a Paraguard IUD in place. I notice it is very uncomfortable sometimes. Sex is getting better but I notice we can't do some of our old favorite positions. I've been to the OB/GYN and the dr saw nothing and tests came back normal. I am way more sensitive to what my husband and I are used to in the bedroom. Nothing kinky or erotic but we had a very healthy sex life. I feel like I'm leaving something out! I also have PCOS. Last month I bled all month and it finally stopped. I noticed it start after sex (not immediately but that day). Again I'm sorry if this is bothering you!! If I'm leaving something out that would help anyone know whats going on please ask!!
janeen_louise1986@yahoo.com

MiracleMommy86

Asked by MiracleMommy86 at 3:39 AM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Health

• Funny that 's what happened to me in 1986, WEIRD huh? Just without the IUD, I didn't use anything, ever.
    So this is why you have it, the IUD is doing perforation of the Uterus, if it's in it will tear and scratch and dent and rip, it's not pleasan, and I remember using a condom and the husband at that time wasn't lubricated, or didn't even give me time to warm up, but I thought it was me, and it was just that we didn't for soooooooooo long, and I felt unsexy, did you happen to feel this too?? Our bodies really aren't reacting to SEX. It's healing for a long time, getting muscles different place, sleeping different, not to mention do you know that you just had a major trauma, you said it in the second line !! GIVE IT A REST PLEASE< if he acts as though you are a thing to be used for sex, he doesn't have any place to live in my book! He really needs to understand you just had a major trauma and to give you a second perso
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:52 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• _~ continued..... You need some helpers to give a hand to you, good Lord even a non mother has issues!!!!
    can't you qualify for some assistance in helping you to clean?? Can he give a loud enough request on his side and make calls for you to have extra help in the home/??? I never go much help, it was a nightmare.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:54 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I had 2 daughters vaginally (one stitch per delivery) and I've had the IUD for 3 years now and sex is totally normal for me. It might be something else...
    I do spot 24-48 hours after sex for 6 or 8 hours but nothing major. I always figured it was an IUD side effect.
    Then once a month for 48 hours I cramp a little and spot in place of a period...
    But sex... has been just like before...
    I hope this helped in some way?!
    Malibustacy

Answer by Malibustacy at 3:54 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Sorry my keys on the keyboard were sticking
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:57 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• If you are still reading it's not always going to heal inside when your hormones, housework, and possibly maybe too much coffee or some other diuretic drink or lack of potassium, if not drinking enough, do you breastfeed, and if you're trying to dry up the milk by shocking yourself into that mode it may hurt your clotting ability. Do you take aspirin ? Do you use any heart meds?
    Is their any blood thinning medicines like pepto bismol being used?? These aren't good. I wonder if you could be pregnant??
    It's possible that you have endometriosis, I'd see someone about that or hormone therapy or just a good diet and some regular sleep.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:02 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I don't breastfeed anymore. My husband is concerned as I am. He understands. I don't tell him it's as much a problem as it is. I just had it check a couple months ago and everything looked fine the doc said. How long does healing really take? It's like during sex it's very tender near my cervix or anywhere close to it. I never thought of any of these things. Thank you ladies.

I am a stay at home mother so all I really do is clean, cook, and chase after the baby...could that really be causing problems? I don't take any medications. I think I had 2 period my daughters first year. I noticed I am spotting again today. It's only been 2 weeks since the month long bleeding stopped. My natural lubrication is getting better. It's just really tender around where the IUD is and I'm concerned.

Thanks again ladies!!
    MiracleMommy86

Answer by MiracleMommy86 at 2:06 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• When I stopped breast feeding it wasn't too sudden. My milk had already started to dry up some and my daughter took more interest in her bottle and cup...how does that hurt my clotting ability? Could that cause issues?
    MiracleMommy86

Answer by MiracleMommy86 at 2:10 AM on Feb. 6, 2010