sleeping question

My daughter is 10 months and she sleeps from 8pm-10/11 am is that normal??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 AM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i dont see why not as long as she is eating enogh, active, gaining weight. she is just a sound sleeper for momma!
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 4:57 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• wow!!!! good for you mommy....
    but its a lot of sleep in one stretch for a 10 month old. but if she is gaining weight and is otherwise active the rest of the time i guess its ok. does she also take a nap during the day??? do chk with the doctor just to be on the safer side.
    and if the doc does say its ok then stop telling people about it cause everyone will just get jealous :)
    happymum2010

Answer by happymum2010 at 9:26 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• it is unusual and may not last. If she is healthy that is important. I personally wouldn't like it if my baaby slept that long though. I don't think it is a good thing to sleep so long over a period of time.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:03 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• You are lucky!!

Answer by rkoloms at 4:16 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Is she eating well? Giving enough diapers? Is she active? She should be just fine but it never hurts to contact your doctor if you're not sure.
    Cafe Jenn

Answer by Cafe Jenn at 4:26 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I would be concerned. Growing brains need food. This is a long time to go without eating. I would be concerned that there is something wrong with the baby to sleep that long. A baby's brain should make the baby wake up to eat.

A baby that is "easy" is not alway the best thing. I would wake the baby to eat and if the long sleeping continued I would be very concerned.
    Anonymous

• Lucky
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 5:12 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• She eat's great she is actually above average for her age in height and 1 lb. less than what she should weigh for her height for but my husband is 6'4 and very thin so her doctor wasnt concerned a bit plus she is pretty much walking already she is just very sleepy in the am I probably should have mentioned she only takes a 20-30 minute nap during the day
    Anonymous

• im jealous lol!!! take advantage of that they older they get they dnt want nap and dont want bedtime
    bobowazhere

Answer by bobowazhere at 3:56 PM on Feb. 6, 2010