Help I need sleep

Ok ladies I need you help bad and asap. My son came home from his dad with a rash on his butt what can I give him? He is potty train. He also came home wit a cold what can I give him 4 his cough. He is 3yr old

kadmomma

Asked by kadmomma at 4:44 AM on Feb. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• he is potty trained with a rash on his hiney? does it look like diaper rash ? could his dad have been lazy and been putting him in diapers?
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 4:55 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Idk he doesn't tell me anythin I kno when he came home he had a bunch of shit in his underwear
    kadmomma

Answer by kadmomma at 5:14 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• oh honey that is not good!! you need to find out what is going on! ya know? better document this stuff. keep a notebook with dates, times, description of things like this. you might need it. but if he had shit in the undies i would say the rash is basically a diaper rash. if you have any diaper rash ointment i would use that, after cleaning and drying the affected area.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 5:19 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Desitin for the rash.
    For the cold, I used a medicine call Sinupret for my daughter, its natural and works great for cough stuffy and runny nose.

Or for congestion, Mucinex for kids...That one is fantastic.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:46 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• the rash I would clean his butt well and put some diaper cream on it. as fo rthe cold..it depends on the type as the pp said. Good luck. Sounds like you need to tell the father he needs to be wiping the childs butt after a BM!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 8:38 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Aw poor little guy. You definitely need to address this with the other parent there is no excuse for it. Diaper rash cream should clear that right up for him. Ow..poor hiney.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 9:18 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• We love Pinxalve pronounced Pink Salve for rashes. It is even great for sun burn. As for the cold force fluids.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:07 PM on Feb. 5, 2010