Murphey's Law

We just had new snow tires put on our car. Because we live in Japan and the type of tires we need, we had to have them special ordered. We just had them put on less than 2 weeks ago. Tonight, our 17 yr old was driving (we live on base, teens can drive inside the base gates), and he hit a curb on the side of the road. The curbing had been flipped on it's side, apparently with metal sticking out, and sliced the sidewall of the tire open.

I'm glad everyone was ok, but there's a part of me that's thinking - couldn't this have happened 2 wks ago with the old tires??

So, what "Murphey's Law" thing has gotten you lately?

sailorwifenmom

Asked by sailorwifenmom at 7:44 AM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• lol - I feel your pain!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 7:55 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Murphy's law-whatever can happen will happen and at the worst time.
    Story of my life this year! I don't even know where to begin
    DH loses Job
    Car 1 front axel breaks-400 dollars
    Car 1 back end breaks-850 dollars
    Car 2 needs emissions work before getting tags that are a month past due-200 dollars
    I get a ticket for tags
    DS is evaluated for autism- get DX
    Medicaid won't pay for social skills groups-60 dollars a month
    DH gets a ticket for speeding
    DH gets in a wreck-2 more tickets plus we lose a car 1
    We get turned down for a home modification TWICE

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Wow anon 904, I don't think that's Murphy's Law, I think that's one crappy year!!!!hugs

Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 9:10 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Well I have been meaning to change out our rug that comes in from outside so I throw it out and buy a much prettier nice one and guess what my kid decide to get sick and throw up on it...lol Why? couldn't they just do that a few days before...lol

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Oh man - I agree, I don't think that's Murphey's law getting you anon04, I think that's like Murphey's whole family all gunning for you!

I hope things get better soon!

Anon16 - I feel your pain, too! That's how I feel about the tire - now we have to call the place, custom order a new tire that has to be shipped in, and of course, pay for a new tire when we just bought this one (it's not an insurmountable amount, but still... We paid 60000 Yen for 4 tires, and with the rate at like 88 Yen to the Dollar... :-(

I hope your rug comes clean!!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:29 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• We were trading in my husbands car and the starter went out a day before we were to turn it in.....It cost 400 bucks to fix..
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 9:57 AM on Feb. 5, 2010