what do you think should happen to the missionaries that tried to kidnap the Haitian children?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• JAIL period. they committed a pretty HUGE crime. and one of them is wanted in the stated for legal issues to boot
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:46 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• They should go to jail. They broke the law
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:48 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• No matter what their intentions may have been they were told by @ least 3 ppl that what they were doind was wrong & illegal & would be viewed as human trafficing. I think they should be publically beaten for being stupid. Would be nice to see the Haitian government making as big of a deal out of those who are specifically trafficing orphans for sex slaves.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 9:02 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:06 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• They should be prosecuted in Haiti, not sent home. Jail time should be the only option.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:08 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Interviewed Thursday night, her mother said Ms. Silsby knew many of the children weren't orphans but that the parents had signed them over to her to give them a better life. "She has no desire to exploit, no desire to take advantage," Adonna Sander, at her home in Buhl, Idaho, said of her daughter."We knew they had parents, she knew they had parents. They're saying, 'Take this child.' "
    ----
    Sounds like the Haitian parents gave their kids up for a better life. Still wrong what they did. But I can't imagine if I were in that situation to help and the fights the people have had with their own Haitian government.It breaks my heart that these children are suffering. I would probably do anything and everything in my power to get them a better life too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Sometimes to do a morally correct thing to save someones life a person may have to step outside of the boundaries......I'm sure those of you who are Christian lynchers would be happy to hang the missionaries for wanting to save these people.

You would rather have people die and that is what was happening and anyone, anyone with a heart and is fearless in their humanitarian endeavors would do what is needed to save a life.

I know there are people who would turn and look the other way to save their own ass then to keep someone alive. That is what is wrong with the world today.

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 9:15 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I would agree with you except the ring leaderis wanted for something like 20 pending legal cases here in the States.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 9:16 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

----
    Because of a defunk business. She owes money. Who doesn't in this economy?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I get it there maybe charges pending in the states, but sometimeshelp comes in unexpected ways and giving food, shelter and getting those kids out of that mess was in the best interest of the children, it was better than having them die, the parents were begging for "outside" help to keep their children from suffering....If you want to place blame, blame their very own government who was useless to help its own people. Just a horrible thing for the families in Haiti to go through.

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 9:23 AM on Feb. 5, 2010