Tell me this Christians....

what exactly is jesus saving you from. Why do you believe you need saving?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• just trying to understand
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:48 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• From eternal death in hell...from eternal suffering...from complete seperation from God! Life on earth is short, and suffering is a part of life...but the reward for those of us who endure and work on building a relationship with Jesus have an eternal reward that will make all the trials of life seem so minimal.
    Jeanyus

Answer by Jeanyus at 8:50 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I don't believe Jesus is saving me from anything, or any of us. I believe his teachings are helping us learn for a better afterlife.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• That's you, Mama. I agree AND disagree! Yes His teachings help make us better if we follow them-but it isn't JUST to make us better people.
    Jeanyus

Answer by Jeanyus at 9:04 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• What Jesus is saving me from, is sin. ALL people have sinned, and fallen short of the glory of God - every last one of us. When Jesus went to the cross, He took the punishment for everyone's sins. God is Holy, and just,and sin is unacceptable - and Jesus was the sacrifice of all sacrifices, so that whosoever believes on Him and what He did for them, may have everlasting life.
    GoodMomma24-7

Answer by GoodMomma24-7 at 9:12 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Romans 5:12 & 19 "That is why, just as through [Adam] sin entered into the world and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men because they had all sinned . . . For just as through the disobedience of [Adam ]many were constituted sinners, likewise also through the obedience of [Jesus] many will be constituted righteous."
    Hope this helps xxx
    JoojooJW

Answer by JoojooJW at 9:52 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I don't believe Jesus "saves" us from anything. I just believe that he offers a life worth emulating and a message worth following - even if it is only one of many. IMO His is one of many paths to God.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:30 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• He has saved me from an eternity without Him. An eternity of emptiness, pain and sorrow. An eternity of knowing He is real and never getting to experience His glory and His love forever and ever.

Why people dont want His glory and love forever is so beyond me but people do make that choice. It is so sad.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:43 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Yes, I believe I need to be saved. I cannot save myself.

Jesus is saving me from an eternity spent in hell, that I deserve.

But it is so much more than being saved from something. When your sins are forgiven you can have a relationship with God, that is so special.

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 2:26 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Jesus is like the key to a lock. Without the understanding of him and his purpose, you will never open the lock. He is our knowlege, the one who told the truth about his father, God. He is our future. He is our only hope of ever having the life we were meant to live.....perfect and eternal, under one creator.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 3:20 PM on Feb. 5, 2010