Anyone on a diet?

What are your goals?

What are you doing to work towards them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I am about 15-20lbs bloated right now, but my goal is to be 215 when bloated...That's 190-200. I'm doing Slimfast Optima as a suplement to help out. I weight 266 bloated, and get half-inch "pits" when I press on my shins. I DID weigh 280 bloated 4 months ago, so I'm doing something right!
    Jeanyus

Answer by Jeanyus at 8:48 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• i started in 2008 when i peaked at 232 as of yesterday i was 196, my current new goal is 176. once i get there i will work on 156
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:51 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• WOOOO! Go 'head, Sati!!!! xox
    Jeanyus

Answer by Jeanyus at 8:51 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• slow and steady wins the race eh Jeanyus? thanks
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:53 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Absolutely!:)
    Jeanyus

Answer by Jeanyus at 8:55 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I had my 3rd baby 3 weeks ago, I gained 40 lbs during that pregnancy but 60 lbs the previous one (13 months from 2nd to 3rd child) so needless to say I have gained quite a bit! I think I was around 216 just before I gave birth, today I'm 189. After I had my 1st, I was down to 145, which is where I really would like to be at, however my body has changed since then (huge hips, thighs & ass) so I might look sickly if I get down to that size again. I only have to lose 13 lbs to be where I was before I got pregnant the 3rd time, so right now that's what I'm shooting for. So far the weight has been coming off easily with a healthy diet and moderate exercise.. knock on wood! Good luck ladies!!!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:35 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Diets and diet aids (if they even work) are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will have more energy. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big pile of vegetables before meals.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:05 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I'm doing weight watchers, and have on and off over the years. I got super serious on 1/4 and started working out at the gym 3x per week pretty hard, wish it could be more, but just can't get there as often as I'd like with the kids...anyway, I lost 13 pounds so far. My goal is to lose another 12 or so..that will put me at my wedding weight (6.5 years and 2 kids ago) of about 138. I'm 5'8".
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 4:52 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I lost over 35 pounds from aug. past until now. I hate to admit that I did not diet, exercise, no pills or surgery. It is a garment that you wear and it feels great on the back, which brings you down instantly when you put it on, 2-3 dress sizes. while you wear it, it pulls your core in tight, which increases your metabolism, burning the fat and you naturally lose weight. it's incredible. I can give you more specs. if you want it. 856.287.5240.
    revivedmom

Answer by revivedmom at 9:23 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I'm 5'6" (22 yr old) started out at 155lbs in March 2008 after I had my 2nd baby (kids are about 19 months apart). My current weight it 138lbs ... As you can tell I haven't been doing great with my weight loss. My goal weight is 110lbs (thats my before baby weight). I currently where a size 5-7 jeans and a medium-large shirt (my boobs aren't small, a 34D)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Feb. 12, 2010