purse is a diaper bag!?

I think when my son was around 18 months, maybe younger I quit doing the diaper bag- unless going on all day adventures....My purse is the diaper bag. Wipes and 2-3 diapers when we're out and about. Along with a sippy cup and snacks, just a baggie of cheerios/raisins/peanuts...He is 2 years old now. Any other ladies do this- or you do u prefer to have their bag and your bag?

DDTSMommy

Asked by DDTSMommy at 9:48 AM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I switched over about the age of 6 months if it was a short trip! Purses are plenty big enough to hold what you need. Now if it was an all day trip there were 2 different bags just because of extra clothes, lots of diapers, etc.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 9:51 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Actually, my diaper bag became my purse because it was water proof and had a bunch of pockets in it. But YES, I stopped carrying 2 bags around a year.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:54 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I still take the diaper bag and that has been replaced by my purse. But, I did change to a smaller size diaper bag b/c I don't need as much as I used to.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 9:56 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I mean that replaced my purse.
    ABPeterson

• going through airports I'd be shoving my small purse into my childs diaper bag. haha. & I just bought a larger purse and have been without for a little over a month becase of our move and i neglected to pack my larger ones. so now i'm back to my purse that carries diapers & all!
    DDTSMommy

Answer by DDTSMommy at 10:02 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• i take the diaper bag if we are going to be out for more than an hour or so. I put a diaper and some wipes in my purse otherwise. I have a backpack type purse that I use, i have other purses i wish i could rotate with, but the one i use makes it so much easier because i can just plop it on my back and not have to worry about actually carrying it or the straps slipping off of my shoulders.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 10:04 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• yeah i just carried diapers and wipes. my dd is 18 months and now all i do is keep a few diapers and wipes in the car
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:07 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Nope my DD is 2 and I still use the diaper bag. It's a smaller one but I do not like big purses so diapers will not fit in my purse. When we're out I just stuff my purse in the top of the diaper bag and I am only carrying one bag.
    MissMorgan07

Answer by MissMorgan07 at 10:13 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I've used my purse as a diaper bag since the beginning. I just never found a diaper bag that I liked. We were gifted a diaper bag at our shower, so DH takes that along if he has our DD. Its green w/ Winnie the Pooh, so he can feel secure in his manhood! ;-)
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 10:29 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I never had a traditional diaper bag. I don't carry a purse, I have a wallet in my back pocket, keys, and blistex in my front pockets. I find purses to be in the way, which can be very annoying. When I looked at diaper bags I find them to be over padded, and just not enough room/compartments for all that was needed. Ontop of that, they're ugly to me. All that I have seen anyhow. Therefore, I dug through my bag collection (Messengers and backpacks) and found my favorite canvas messenger bag. I've been using that since DS was a couple months old. A homemade bag before that. I've recently switched to a shoulder bag that just snaps closed. I throw a few things in it and I jot off to the store. I only use the messenger bag when I'm packing to take the kids out for more then just a couple hours, or when they're being babysat.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:30 AM on Feb. 5, 2010