Rude Mommas

I have noticed some really nice moms who are nice with their replies and take in to the matter the thoughts and feelings of other moms. But I have also noticed other moms who think that they are holier than though and no one else matters. They don't think about other peoples feelings and just write whatever they think without considering the feelings of others. Has anyone else noticed this as of late?

shortymichelle

Asked by shortymichelle at 9:56 AM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Oh yes- it has always been like that. I feel like if you feel good about your parenting it shows in your answers. If you need to be validated by always been right- you tend to get nasty. Take the good, ignore the nasty.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:58 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• This has been discussed many times! It won't change.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I'm guilty of being blunt with my answers, or advice, but I think, or hope I don't come off as rude or mean. I also feel that some people don't know how to take constructive criticism. We all need to remember this is the internet, and not to take things to heart.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:59 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• yes !! Last night for example I just put in my opinion on Obama and I was completely attacked because I had different views. Also I asked a question about how to get my daughter off the night time feedings and was attacked and called a bad mom for still giving her a bottle at night. I just go in under annon. so I don't have to worry about it. People are very rude over silly things because they think they are so much smarter or better then you.
    3beautbabies

Answer by 3beautbabies at 10:01 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Yes and I have know that for a long time. I have family members that are like that and there is nothing you can do to change it. that is how that person is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I haven't noticed that any more than usual. I just noticed these past few weeks I think there are less am I pregnant questions.

I think of cafemom as congress or house of representatives - there's always going to be a disagreement and nearly always a fight. At least here on cm we're all virtual and real fists and furniture can't fly.

Sometimes I wish there were a section on cm's answers for moms who want to post public questions but in a more adversarial way, just like there are some groups where anything goes and other groups that are restricted in tempers.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 10:03 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I figure maybe they're having a bad hair day and taking it out on everyone else.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 10:04 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I haven't been on in about 1 1/2yr to 2 years and must have just forgotten. Maybe they all are having bad hair days or aren't used to day light, maybe its burning their skins. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

MRSLEFTLANE, I love your answer and I agree 100% that people do not know how to take constructive criticism!

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 10:12 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• There is a BIG difference in "constructive criticism" and being just plain mean or rude.
    3beautbabies

Answer by 3beautbabies at 10:16 AM on Feb. 5, 2010