The other room...

Am I the only one who's husband goes into another room to use the phone? That P*SSES me off so bad, especially because when I'm on the phone, doesn't matter with who, he's all up in my face and in the conversation.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• I think it's just polite to leave the room to talk with someone on the phone. It gives them undivided attention and it's easier to hear when there isn't noise in the room.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:10 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Okay. So I'm just being paranoid...:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• So you leave the room when you're talking. I notice that if hubby stays in the room I can't help but get into it. He's easily distracted so alot of times he'll leave so he can focus on the conversation & not the tv.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:12 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Oh yea, does he do this w/ all his calls or just some of them? If its just some I'd get suspicious & check to see who he's talking to.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:15 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• My husband and I are the same way - it's because we just want to know who the other's talking to - and it's hard to converse with an adult size kid hanging on to every word no matter which of us is conversing.

What's bothering me is when he clicks of his computer or looks at his cell for an incoming call and won't tell me who it is. His behavior has brought about distrust. If he wants me still he has to put up with it even though we're still together. I didn't cause the distrust.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• My husband does this too, granted his calls are business calls, but it still drives me nuts. When I'm on the phone he'll sit there and talk to me and act like I'm not doing anything important, even if I'm on the phone with a doc's office or something. So yes, I understand your frustration.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Sounds like you're really worried about who he's talking to, more then him actually leaving the room. Do you have a reason to not trust him? That's what it sounds like to me. That you're either looking for one or have found one. It's perfectly natural to go into the other room to talk on the phone. It's polite. My husband paces the house when talking on the phone .. I'd take him going into another room and stay over pacing the house. Drives me crazy.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:21 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• The only time he doesn't really do it is if it's his mom or siblings calling...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• depends on the man and the room. if i am in the bedroom i stay in there, but if my husband is watching t.v i leave the room out of consideration so i wont talk through his show.. if he always runs out of the room and gets mad if you go into the room then i would be suspicious. if you are not watching t.v or anything then it shouldn't matter.
    TaiM

Answer by TaiM at 11:30 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• my husband leaves the room no matter who he is talking to, his father, his brother, his sister, his friends. and mine is the same way when i'm on the phone, the second he rings i get "who is it? who is it?" until i answer him. don't know, guess it's a guy thing :P LOL.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 11:49 AM on Feb. 5, 2010