Sins that are "before" a person?

So in answer to one of my posts below, someone stated that being gay is a sin that is "before" the person, therefore judged by others more harshly. Can someone explain this to me please.
When did it become ok for others to judge in the first place?!! There are a ton of "sins" I can think of that are horrible and hurt others, but one would not know of from appearance alone.
Do you judge a book by it's cover? If you THINK someone is gay, does that make it ok to judge them b/c their sin is "before" them?! What sins of yours are before you...and does that give others permission to judge YOU?

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 10:12 AM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• To call sin by its rightful name is not judging. Judging is pronouncing sentence on someone, and we are not to do that. Anything that God has called sin. we are also instructed to call sin, and God has said that the practice of homosexuality is sin. It is no worse than adultery, lying, stealing or any of the others, but it is still sin.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:17 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Is homosexuality on a different scale of "evil" because it is a sin that is "before" the person?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 10:19 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• In answer to the 10:19 post: No, homosexuality is not on a different scale.

Look, I think way too much emphasis goes on that one sin sometimes. If a person isn't born again, I don't expect them to act or make choices as if they are. If they do, cool, if they don't, I'm sorry... but my emphasis, as a Christian (not necessarily in this forum, but I'm just saying) is to love people and demonstrate Christ.
    GoodMomma24-7

Answer by GoodMomma24-7 at 10:37 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• i'm not sure i understand what 'before' means....
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 10:37 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• the idea (which i dont believe in) is that most homosexuals dont hide their sin, therefore they arent ashamed of it like they "should" be. when i had premarital sex i never told anyone & they had no way of knowing, so my sin was hidden from those who would hate me for it. but when someone is gay others will know b/c its usually obvious when someone is dating someone of the same sex...so the sin is before the world. ive also heard it called "parading" sin. its not about thinking someone is gay, but knowing they are.

i cant think of any of my sins that are "before" me, but i can think of a few that would work that way. like if my premarital sex had lead to a pregnancy, my sin would have been before me...everyone woulda known i was having sex before marriage.

then again, im not the person who said that, so i may be way off from what they meant.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:54 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• being homosexual is something some people cant help, but they can help who they sleep with. It's just like anyone else. A heterosexual person cant help that they like someone of the opposite sex but they can help who they sleep with. Premarital sex is a sin, homosexual sex is a sin, those are things that can be controlled. I know that it may not seem fair for a homosexual to not be able to be with someone of the same sex, but if a person truly has the desire to please God then those are the things that we must do. If he doesnt care about pleasing God, then i guess they can be who they want to be with.
    Anonymous

• Everywhere you look in the bible God speaks of covenant... a binding covenant between a man and a woman... Christ and the Church, God and Israel. You will notice that he speaks more about this than anything else in the word of God. Why? Why?
    It is very important to God to have a healthy covenant relationship between the male and female. From the begining He created male and female and has state such several times in the Word of God. As Christians we are to honor His word Why is Homosexualiity hit the hardest.. because it is the OPPOSITE of what God created. It would take a book to explain... I have read several that does. If you want to take the time to read them I will be glad to share the titles with you. I have shared them several times in past. Unless you are a Christian you may not ever understand how much it hurts the heart of God to see what He meant for good to be turned to evil. Yes homosexuality IS evil. con
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:27 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I am not speaking of the person themselves but the SIN. God loves us so much He will do all He can to change who we have become to be who we really are. Beloved, precious children of God. Sadly the world has chosen the lesser path that leads to evil. Why do you think it upset God so much when Israel would sin, why is Israel so defended even in this day... Israel represents the Bride ..... a female bride, God is male. Its symbolic , He protects those who love Him. I do not expect anyone to understand especially unbelievers. I could explain till I turn blue but the fight will continue on ... the fight to prove that none of this is real but it is more than you know or realise. No matter what you believe God still loves you, He cares about who you are, who you have become and wants your heart.... that is LOVE and Love is why God hates sin of homosexuality. The sin that is before a person is what we see as bad fruit...
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:33 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• as Christians we are to judge the fruit not the person... we are to be wise, to love the person to life, to speak words of encouragement of who they really are and that is a beloved child whom God loves. I have seen and I have heard of homosexuals becoming free of that sin when they found out who they really are. Too many christians have learned to tear down their hearts instead of speaking words of life of who they really are which is not a homosexual but a precious gift , child of the most High. The transformation is awesome... I know ... because I have been there. My sin was before me but God changed my heart... changed my mindset and transformed me into who I am today. I still have to kick the enemy's when he tries to flash images across my mind and I move forward because I know who am I in Christ. Set free by His grace, love and mercy! That is what He wants for all. They just have to want it too.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:37 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• We are to correct, rrebuke and encourage those inside the church.... ( I am just trying to cover all your questions )
    Hope I didnt miss any! :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:39 PM on Feb. 5, 2010