Do babies in the womb....

like it when you play music to them??? My baby hadn't moved since yesterday sometime so this morning laying in bed I put a song on my phone and put it on my stomach. He started moving right away and hasn't stopped yet. I kinda feel bad that I probably woke him up. Do you ladies think they like the music or hate it, I wonder how loud it is to them in there. any answers please!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think they probably like it. With my oldest daughter I went to a video store a lot that played really loud music, and it felt like she was break dancing everytime we went in there. Also, I watched Essence of Emeril on tv a lot, and the theme song from that calmed her down even after she was born...maybe because it was familiar like my voice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I use to put headphones on my belly when I was pregnant with my oldest and I have to say if anything he loves music these days(he is in a band now LOL) I remember going to an outdoor concert and he was rolling all over my belly when the music came on. I don't think the sound bothers them that much because it's muffled i'm sure with all the fluid in there. I guess it probably depends on what kind of music you listen to and how much bass is in the music too. More thumping might mean a more active baby.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 10:28 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• i think they like it too. i don't think they would like to be at a really loud concert or anything like that. i often wonder like when i jiggle my belly, if the baby likes it or if it scares him or her or what! ;)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• they love it. you should also read books they like that too. my oldest when i was pregant with her liked when i was driving. maybe it was the vibrations but she would calm down after the car started up.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 11:59 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• They love it, I think that's why my kids love music as much as they do.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 4:41 PM on Feb. 5, 2010