How often through the night does your 1 year old nurse?

threeeunder3

Asked by threeeunder3 at 10:22 AM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• At 1 year, I think she nursed up to 4x a night - she slept in our bed though, so I didn't need to wake to feed her she just rolled over, latched on and then latched off when she was done.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 10:30 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• well i didnt breastfeed so i dont know if u want my answer but by one year old my baby slept all night without asking for a bottle at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• for the first year most of mine fed every 1 1/2 - 2 hours. my twins fed less often, but there were two of them so it still worked out to every 1 1/2 hours!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:37 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• At 12 months my daughter nursed once, usually between 4 and 6 am, then went back to sleep. I think we got her to go back to bed without it starting around 13 or 14 months and eventually she just slept through it. She was not in our bed.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 10:47 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• DD nurses before bed and then sleeps through the night.
    RobynS

Answer by RobynS at 11:59 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• At 1 year, my daughter was sleeping 11 hours at night without nursing. My son, on the other hand :) is 13.5 months and has just started only getting up once a night (most nights). Until a couple of weeks ago, it was 2-3 times a night, and until he was about 11 months old, it was every 3 hours - which was 4 times each night.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 12:16 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Not at all. By 1 year all 4 of my kids were sleeping right around 12 hours/night without nursing.

Answer by missanc at 12:37 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• My son is 17 months and still wakes up 1 maybe 2 times a night to nurse. He goes to bed at 8 and wakes up at 7.. w/ 2 nursings in between. Oh well, we co sleep & its easy so I have no problems with it .. & he's NEVER been sick.. so I will keep nursing til hes 2
    Anonymous

• Problem is , my hubby is complaining a lot lately that he can't sleep good with her in the bed. So Im thinking of night weaning her and putting her toddler bed in my room next to my bed. then slowly get her into her room. How do I get her to not need to nurse atnight though?
    threeeunder3

Answer by threeeunder3 at 4:11 PM on Feb. 5, 2010