If Jesus was never born...

Don't you think that had there never been a Jesus, that there would have been TRILLIONS of lives saved? Pagans died at the hands of Christians, Christians died because of the Pagans & Muslims, Everyone hated the Jews! Even today we have Christians killing non-Christians and Non-Christians killing Christians simply because of religion...

For a man that was supposed to be the savior of mankind, he has sure caused A LOT of death and torment!

Wouldn't it have been better if there never was a "Messiah"? It would have saved so many lives!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Give me a break! He's not the cause of a persons choice to murder!

Jesus died for OUR sins!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• From a Pagan perspective, I can honestly say that I don't blame Jesus for the killings to do religious brainwashing that results in death, I blame the people. Everyone has free will. I don't believe there is anywhere stated in the bible to "kill in his name". The commandments CLEARLY state "though shalt not kill" period. It's a human choice using religion as a scapegoat to fulfill that persons own selfish desires which have nothing to do with God or Jesus at all. Look at all the witches killed(and even non-witches..people who they thought were witches and they threw them into the rivers because they "acted" like witches) because they were said to be "evil" and burned at the stake or hung. Look at all the innocent people killed because they performed abortions or wanted one and were in clinics that were bombed in the 70's and 80's by christian pro life groups.

Don't blame their "messiah" blame the people.

CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 10:58 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• At the time, there were other people who would have fit the bill for the religion people wanted. They would have just been killing in somebody else's name, like Apollonius of Tyana.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:03 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• The killings did not start with Jesus! History is saturated with wars-religion is just one of the reasons to start a war, there is land issues, political issues, 'me stronger than you issues', humans can think of many reasons to kill. Jesus is not the reason people get into a war, He is just a convenient excuse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• If Jesus was never born...

Anonymous

• I think with out the Christian religion the world would be a better place.
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 12:50 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• If Jesus was never born...I WOULD BE IN HELL A LONG TIME AGO JESUS CHANGED ME AND I LOVE HIM ... HE DIED FOR ME AND YOU .. ASK HIM TO HELP YOU TO REPENT OF ALL YOUR SIN AND HE WILL.. TAKE YOUR LIFE AND HE WILL CHANGE YOU FOR EVER..

Anonymous

• Countless people were killed before Jesus as well.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 12:59 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• It's not Jesus's fault...it's the Romans. Once Rome got a hold of it...that's when all hell broke loose. (Pun intended).

But actually, your point should be that the world would be a better place without RELIGION in general.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 1:05 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• "You say your god is the one true god, but my one god is the one true god.  I don't wanna hear about your god, 'cuz my one god's the one..."  -Austin Lounge Lizzards

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 1:08 PM on Feb. 5, 2010