help shes not eating at all!!

My daughter is 13 mths & has a bit of a cold & since she got it she won't eat..shell just drink her milk..her drs office is closing early because were gettin a snow storm & they aren't taking any called in appts so they can close early..so my question is,don't they have those drinks? Forgive me I forgot the name..where u can give them those instead of a meal? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• pediasure?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:51 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Ensure is made for adults, not kids. Have you tried smoothies? Sounds like her throat may hurt & so anything w/ texture probably feels like sand paper. Could also be her sinus draining into her tummy & not making her want to eat. Try more smooth textures & see if this helps. Pedialyte is good too to make sure she's getting the electrolytes.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:53 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I have no ida what they're called..but do they have things like that?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I wouldnt worry about her not eating, as long as she is drinking she will be fine. Also try to give her juice instead of milk just because milk produces more mucus. My son however only drinks milk so sometimes you just cant substitude and thats ok. Just as long as she is drinking and has wet diapers she will be fine. Hang in there it will be alright!!
    keun28

Answer by keun28 at 10:54 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I know ensure is for adults lol..ok I'm going to look for that when I go .. Idk when this storm is commin but I'm going to get milk & these drinks just in case!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• they have the peidasure and stuff like that..there is a younger age group drink that's, i think it's parents choice, i don't know what 's its called though, but it comes in a pack of three...you might try some chicken broth or chicken noodle soup..the homemade chicken noodle soup always works wonders on my dd when she's sick..good luck.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 11:54 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• My son did and does this too - she's probably eating, gross, but all the snot from her cold and her tummy is not hungry, I was told to give juice and pedisure or even ice cream something more than water for the calories and make sure she's staying hydrated and she will be fine til her appetite comes back
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:07 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Pediasure.
    TempestRayne

Answer by TempestRayne at 12:57 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• As long as she is nursing, don't worry!

Answer by rkoloms at 3:52 PM on Feb. 5, 2010